Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Members ,

I have just completed my Diploma In Business Level 7 and i recently got my Open Job Search Visa 1 Year . I want to know that can i open a small company on my name in New Zealand on a Job search Visa and if i open a company can i also find a job parallely with business.

Please guide

·
Super Moderator
4,918 Posts
Hmm.
First off a Job Search Visa is not for 1 year as far as I understand. It's for 9 months.
To enable you to stay in NZ after that period you MUST find a "skilled" job and that job be at least 12 months in duration. With the job offer, this will either allow you a Practical Experience Work Visa OR it will allow you a Resident Visa - this all depends on the visa applied for at the start.
If you do not find a skilled job you must leave.
Opening a business of your own is not finding a skilled job.

Secondly, I very much doubt you can open your own business. I would expect it will not be allowed on your visa.
Entrepreneurs who wish to come to NZ and open their own businesses have strict guidelines and a completely different type of visa application to follow with big costs involved as you have to invest a lot of money into a business in the country and have proof that you own assets or have cash in the bank in the NZ $ 1 M plus region on top of the investment.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they have written

Who can run a business in NZ? - Immigration NZ Knowledgebase

Who can run a business in NZ?

The following people can own/run a business or be self-employed in NZ:

Anyone who has a right to live in NZ permanently
Holders of Entrepreneur Work Visa (previously known as Long Term Business Visa)
Holders of Partnership Work Visa (until their visa expires)
Holders of Working Holiday Visas (unless restricted by the terms of a particular scheme)
Holders of Post-study work visa (open)

·
Super Moderator
4,918 Posts
they have written

Who can run a business in NZ? - Immigration NZ Knowledgebase

Who can run a business in NZ?

The following people can own/run a business or be self-employed in NZ:

Anyone who has a right to live in NZ permanently
Holders of Entrepreneur Work Visa (previously known as Long Term Business Visa)
Holders of Partnership Work Visa (until their visa expires)
Holders of Working Holiday Visas (unless restricted by the terms of a particular scheme)
Holders of Post-study work visa (open)
So assuming you manage to find a skilled job offer and secure a Post Study Work Visa you can run a business.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,
As escapetonz has respondede to queries. I have one question, how you got job search visa? is it silver fern job search visa? It opens and closes so quickly that no one becomes aware of that?

Regards,

·
Registered
98 Posts
I believe it is going to be open in November this year. I don't know how difficult it is to apply for silver fern, but I know a guy who went to NZ on silver fern. Maybe a consultant might be helpful.

Hi,
As escapetonz has respondede to queries. I have one question, how you got job search visa? is it silver fern job search visa? It opens and closes so quickly that no one becomes aware of that?

Regards,

·
Registered
98 Posts
A friend did that, I don't know much details but I think you should check with the local consultants in Pakistan. If you are from Karachi, you can check with ISAS. Just take the information from them, maybe you want to apply it by yourself.

·
Super Moderator
4,918 Posts
Hi,

Regards,
As far as I know a job search visa can come from one of three different routes...
(1) Resident visa application via Skilled Migrant Category.
A job search visa can be offered in leui of a Resident Visa until you have found a skilled job then you can complete the Resident Visa application.
(2) A post study job search visa following completion of qualifying study.
(3) Silver Fern Job Search Visa. The portal should open in November 2015. You won't get any help from an immigration consultant as the Silver Fern process is applied for online using your personal registration via the INZ website. The application process is straightforward it's just the getting through to payment stage is the hard part due to thousands of applicants trying to get one of 300 only visas. You can use the help of an immigration consultant if you get through to the document submission stage.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thank you for guiding us, By this
(1) Resident visa application via Skilled Migrant Category

You mean, that first we apply for the skilled migrant, and then apply for Job Search. Please put some light

As far as I know a job search visa can come from one of three different routes...
(1) Resident visa application via Skilled Migrant Category.
A job search visa can be offered in leui of a Resident Visa until you have found a skilled job then you can complete the Resident Visa application.
(2) A post study job search visa following completion of qualifying study.
(3) Silver Fern Job Search Visa. The portal should open in November 2015. You won't get any help from an immigration consultant as the Silver Fern process is applied for online using your personal registration via the INZ website. The application process is straightforward it's just the getting through to payment stage is the hard part due to thousands of applicants trying to get one of 300 only visas. You can use the help of an immigration consultant if you get through to the document submission stage.

·
Super Moderator
4,918 Posts
Thank you for guiding us, By this
(1) Resident visa application via Skilled Migrant Category

You mean, that first we apply for the skilled migrant, and then apply for Job Search. Please put some light
No. You would apply for a Resident visa via the Skilled Migrant Category.
If you get through to case officer processing and get through the immigration interview, your case officer will make a decision on your application which can be one of 3 :-
(1) Approve the Resident visa('s)
(2) Decline the Resident visa('s) for now but instead offer you a Job Search Visa.
(3) Decline the application.

It is not your decision.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks, that was helpful

1 - 12 of 12 Posts