Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

I got my invitation on 7th May and my deadline for the same is 7th July.

Due to some severe medical reasons i am unable to arrange the fees.

And i am in doubt that i might miss the deadline.

Please guide me how can i keep myself safe in this situation.
Should i mail them asking for grace period. Because upto 15 i will definetly be able to arrange funding.

Regards
Nitin

·
Registered
960 Posts
If you don't have funds, don't worry. Just let the EOI expire. You can apply for a new EOI as soon as it expires. Only issue would be if your occupation is removed from SOL in the new year.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Mate, sorry to hear that. I don't think they will give you any more time. Try if you can arrange using credit card- if you have, say, 150K limit and the visa fees to be paid is 300K, then fund 150K into your CC to get your limit raised to 300K and pay it off. You can then take care of uploading documents, etc later. I myself paid up at the last moment (22'nd June) but haven't uploaded a single document yet. There is enough time to upload documents, but if you can somehow manage, I suggest you pay up. Also, the fees would be slightly more (2% I think) from July onwards.

Edit: I have Citibank CC and upon inquiring with them, they had said that I am eligible to raise my credit limit from current 150 to 300. I did not go the CC route and did not get it changed though. Maybe try and talk to your CC provider and see if you are eligible. They base the decision on your current net pay.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Best is to pay using credit card , ask for credit limit from your bank. Dont miss the EOI. When you get your money you can pay back the bank.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tried everything.. most of the amount i can arrange is 50% of the fees... even i applied for loan... but the processing and everything will take time... i am pushing bank to do everything before the date..

But still i am so sad about it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts