Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

While I am waiting for a reply from NSW for SS, I need to get answer of two questions before hand. I am sure many people here would have gone through the same, so hopefully, will be able to help me with this:

1) Is there any economic / easy way to transfer funds to AUS from Pakistan? I need to send my visa fee to my cousin in AUS, who will pay from his Credit card then.

2) Is it mandatory for my wife to give IELTS (4.5 in all sections) to be able to accompany me in visa application ? Does CO really give any weight to letter from institution (from where she did her bachelors) that states that medium of teaching during her degree was English?

3) If i do not include my wife in my application and decide to file a

Partner Temporary Visa (Subclass 309)

for her when I reach there, does she even then has to sit in IELTS and provide proof of functional english to qualify for this visa?

Thanks in advance,

- Ahmed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I think you can use western union. I was in Australia 5 months back and saw western union outlets there. Other option is to transfer it online your cousins account.

For IELTS for your spouse, it's not mandatory as long as you provide her degree as well as a letter from her institute that confirms that medium of instruction was English. I did the same and it was accepted without any arguments.

Cheers
Kashif

Kashif,

Can you please elaborate on the letter to prove functional English for spouse. My wife has done 12th grade (HSC) from a college where the medium was English. Is it risky if she doesn't take IELTS and we provide a letter from the college? Is there any template for such a letter?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Kashif,

Can you please elaborate on the letter to prove functional English for spouse. My wife has done 12th grade (HSC) from a college where the medium was English. Is it risky if she doesn't take IELTS and we provide a letter from the college? Is there any template for such a letter?
Hi mate,

According to DIBP your wife can prove she has functional English by any of the following means.

-an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test result with an average band score of at least 4.5 for the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing). Your test must have been completed within 12 months of visa application lodgement or can be completed during visa application processing
-a positive assessment by an Adult Migrant English Program service provider in Australia that you have functional English
-completed all years of primary education and at least three years of secondary education in an educational institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English
-completed at least five years of secondary education in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English
-completed at least one year of full-time study or equivalent part-time study towards a degree, higher degree, diploma, or associate diploma in an institution in Australia and all instructions were in English
-completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate that required at least two years of full-time study or training in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English
-the functional level of the Australian Assessment of Communicative English Skills (ACCESS) test certified by the relevant testing body. Your test must have been completed within 12 months of visa application lodgement or can be completed during visa application processing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. Yeah I have read that. My question is about the risk involved if such a letter is provided and not accepted. Do we know some people who have produced such letters and they got accepted?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Oh I see. Well someone who went through such a situation might reply to your query then.

I don't see why such a letter would not be accepted though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts