Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I do have experience certificate showing my work experiences. However as per ACS rules, i could see that along with the other employment details (Start & end date of Job, Designation) I also need to provide 'Description of Duties Performed'. Here in lies the problem, as most of the companies in India don't give a description of your job. Has anybody faced the same issue, or is it that the company agrees upon providing such info. Please do help me in this regard, as I need to apply for ACS ASAP.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi alihyder85,

your reference letter should follow the ACS reference letter sample as closely as possible. The tasks/responsibilities must be changed to reflect what you actually did in your job and should be a decent match with the tasks/responsibilities listed for your ANZSCO code. I would suggest to also add your salary and work hours - that way the letter format is perfect for DIBP as well.

If your company does not issue reference letters in the required format, you can ask a (ideally senior) colleague to write a statutory declaration for you. The content is the same as in an official reference letter but it can be on plain or stamp paper (no company logo required).

Your colleague should describe your work relationship in a sentence or two.
Example: "I was alihyder85's project lead in <company X> from <date1> to <date2>, where he worked as <designation> as part of <team or subdivision Y>."

The statutory declaration should finish with a short statement in the fashion of "I believe that the
statements in this declaration are true in every particular"
. The declaration should be signed by your colleague in front of a witness, for example a lawyer or notary.

For more information: ACS Employment FAQs

Cheers,
Monika

1 - 2 of 2 Posts