Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I have a question: I passed civil engineering in 2010 and did related work till 2011. After that it was all MBA related. So if I get myself evaluated for civil engineer, do i need to explain the gap 2011 onwards?

Also, if i get assessed in a particular field, my job options in Australia would be limited to that field only? Do companies there look for your skills assessment report?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
1. Gap is a period when you were neither working nor studying. I don't see why you will have to explain anything as you did not have any gap.

2. No, never heard of companies asking about the skills assessment report, and for sure you do not have to work in the same occupation you were assessed in. You are free to work any occupation, study, start your own business, etc.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Gap is a period when you were neither working nor studying. I don't see why you will have to explain anything as you did not have any gap.

2. No, never heard of companies asking about the skills assessment report, and for sure you do not have to work in the same occupation you were assessed in. You are free to work any occupation, study, start your own business, etc.
Thanks a lot for the reply.

So I'm thinking of getting assessed as Civil Engineer. Anything really important to keep in mind? I only have one year of Civil Engg related work exp. Caree Episodes the make or break thing?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I am not much aware of the EA process mate. I hope someone replies to you about it or look for another thread on the forum.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am not much aware of the EA process mate. I hope someone replies to you about it or look for another thread on the forum.

Hi Keeda

I need small advise

My partner is Engineering Graduate from Computer Science Background, but don't have any work experience.

How to proceed further to get assessed my partner qualification in order to gain 5 Points for me

Graduated in 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi Keeda

I need small advise

My partner is Engineering Graduate from Computer Science Background, but don't have any work experience.

How to proceed further to get assessed my partner qualification in order to gain 5 Points for me

Graduated in 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may be wrong, but this is my opinion.

In order to get Partner Qualification, positive assessment for your spouse is needed from ACS in your case.

ACS deducts work experience to provide Skill Level Requirement Met date i.e positive assessment. Since your partner do not have work experience you might not get positive assessment for partner

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I may be wrong, but this is my opinion.

In order to get Partner Qualification, positive assessment for your spouse is needed from ACS in your case.

ACS deducts work experience to provide Skill Level Requirement Met date i.e positive assessment. Since your partner do not have work experience you might not get positive assessment for partner
That is right. Without work experience, assessment result from ACS will be negative and OP thus won't be able to claim partner points.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts