Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am little bit confused regarding the Application type to be filled in ACS?
Before reading the threads in this forum, i thought it is Skills.

I have total 16 years of education ( 10, 10+2, 4 years Mechanical engineering )
I had only 1 subject of IT (FORTRAN) subject.

Now my question is under which Application type i fit in?

Appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance

Raj

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Raj,

It depends upon which occupation you are replying under. For engineering it will be Engineers Australia.

Joe

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,

I am little bit confused regarding the Application type to be filled in ACS?
Before reading the threads in this forum, i thought it is Skills.

I have total 16 years of education ( 10, 10+2, 4 years Mechanical engineering )
I had only 1 subject of IT (FORTRAN) subject.

Now my question is under which Application type i fit in?

Appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance

Raj

ACS is "Australian Computer Society". You have nothing to do with it unless you have worked in the capacity of IT or software related professional. You have degree in mechanical engineering and if you have experience in your relevant field, then your skills will be assessed by "Engineers Australia".

·
Registered
110 Posts
maham said:
ACS is "Australian Computer Society". You have nothing to do with it unless you have worked in the capacity of IT or software related professional. You have degree in mechanical engineering and if you have experience in your relevant field, then your skills will be assessed by "Engineers Australia".
Hi... Are u an IT professional....either on the development (programming) side or IT support (server/network admin or DBA)?
If so ACS would be ur accessing authority. If not plz chk the relevant one.

Regards
Prakash

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys,

I forgot to give the important piece of information. Really sorry.

I have total 8+ years of IT experience (Mainframe technology) and educational qualification is B.E Mechanical eng (10, 10+2, 4 years BE).

So what Aplication type i need to choose in ACS assessment?

Thanks
Raj

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My designation is senior software engineer.
I check the below website and there are good number of openings as developer and other roles which i fit in.

Thanks
Raj

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Raj
I am also coming under your category. I had 16 years of eductaion (12+4).I am also a mechnical engineer and working in IT industry in Java/J2EE technologies with 9+ years. I am a Project Leader and falls under System analyst Role.

My question is also on teh application type to chose for visa application. I am confused about skills or RPL. Please let me know once you get any updates.

Regards
Tanu

·
Registered
353 Posts
My designation is senior software engineer.
I check the below website and there are good number of openings as developer and other roles which i fit in.

Thanks
Raj
Hi Raj,

You should consider applying under the code - 261313 SOFTWARE ENGINEER

You will need a letter from HR which has detailed description of your roles and responsibilities. If your HR is not ready to give you such a letter then you will have to provide a statutory declaration from your current or previous line manager.

ACS will require a lot of other documents related to education and employment. Please go through the guideline document on their website.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.