Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I received my visa refusal notification this morning. They got me under technical glitch. Apparently I received my skill invitation before I received my skill assessment. The skill assessment is basically a professional exam which you have to appear for to be assessed as a Medical Laboratory Scientist.

The exact words on the refusal are:

“In the application the applicant advised that they had obtained, at time of invitation to apply
for this visa; a suitable skills assessment for their nominated skilled occupation.
On 26 April 2017 you were invited to apply for a Skilled – Independent (SI 189) visa.
You lodged a valid application for a Skilled – Independent (SI 189) visa on 31 May 2017
indicating that you had a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority,
the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists, for your nominated occupation of Medical
Laboratory Scientist ANZSCO 234611 dated 11 May 2017 providing Reference/Receipt
number 24684-17.
On 07 June 2017, you provided amongst other items a skills assessment from the relevant
assessing authority, the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists, for your nominated
occupation of Medical Laboratory Scientist ANZSCO 234611 dated 11 May 2017.
Whilst the application included evidence that the relevant assessing authority had assessed
the applicant’s skills in relation to the nominated skilled occupation, this assessment was
issued after the date that the applicant was invited to apply for this visa and therefore the
applicant does not satisfy this criterion.”

Now what I am not sure of is if i should go for the appeal at AAT or start a new application.

Your prompt response will be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Jay

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hi

I received my visa refusal notification this morning. They got me under technical glitch. Apparently I received my skill invitation before I received my skill assessment. The skill assessment is basically a professional exam which you have to appear for to be assessed as a Medical Laboratory Scientist.

“In the application the applicant advised that they had obtained, at time of invitation to apply
for this visa; a suitable skills assessment for their nominated skilled occupation.
On 26 April 2017 you were invited to apply for a Skilled – Independent (SI 189) visa.
You lodged a valid application for a Skilled – Independent (SI 189) visa on 31 May 2017
indicating that you had a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority,
the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists, for your nominated occupation of Medical
Laboratory Scientist ANZSCO 234611 dated 11 May 2017 providing Reference/Receipt
number 24684-17.
On 07 June 2017, you provided amongst other items a skills assessment from the relevant
assessing authority, the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists, for your nominated
Whilst the application included evidence that the relevant assessing authority had assessed
the applicant’s skills in relation to the nominated skilled occupation, this assessment was
issued after the date that the applicant was invited to apply for this visa and therefore the

Now what I am not sure of is if i should go for the appeal at AAT or start a new application.

Thanks and Regards

Jay
First advice: contact a licensed lawyer. People here cannot give you legal advice. IMO it's unfortunate, but fair. I'm not an immigration lawyer, or even an expert, so my opinion is not authoritative in any way, but I think you'll struggle with an appeal and might find yourself worse off (I'm guessing you didn't get hit with PIC4020?) DIBP are 100% clear: you must be able to prove the points you claimed at the time of invite. Essentially you guessed you would pass the skills assessment and applied indicating you already had.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi

number 24684-17.

Thanks and Regards

Jay

Its really unfortunate situation.
Assessment date should be before invitation date.
I saw same reason for another refusal.
Contact a good IMMI lawyer and proceed accordingly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts