Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am applying for the “Skills and Talent” Card visa (Carte Compétences & Talents) as an artist, painter and was wondering if you know by chance the fallowing:

1. how many reference letters do I need to get a Carte de se jour ?

2.this references should be from France or any other countries?

3. is it necessary to show the tax return or the copy of my bank statement will be enough?

Do I need to have the list of galleries I showed my work?

If anyone got CDS as an artist can you please advise.

Thank you so much!!

Gigi

·
Administrator
51,911 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am applying for the “Skills and Talent” Card visa (Carte Compétences & Talents) as an artist, painter and was wondering if you know by chance the fallowing:

1. how many reference letters do I need to get a Carte de se jour ?
There is no set number. You need enough to satisfy them that you have the "skills and talents" you set out in your project.

2.this references should be from France or any other countries?
References from France probably count a little more than those from elsewhere, especially if written in French.

3. is it necessary to show the tax return or the copy of my bank statement will be enough?
The French don't use tax returns as documentation (at least not US ones). Your bank statement should do nicely as proof of your resources.

Do I need to have the list of galleries I showed my work?
It probably wouldn't hurt, but it's not a specific requirement. The idea is to show them what you want to show them in support of what you're proposing to do in France. Again, galleries in France or galleries with French ties probably count more than strictly local galleries, but it depends on what point you're trying to make with the consulate.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Administrator
51,911 Posts
This is the most detailed description I've seen (in English) on the subject of competences et talents: The ?Skills and Talent? Card visa (Carte Compétences & Talents) - Consulat Général de France à Washington

The criteria aren't any different for "artists" than for anyone else. The key things are your project and your qualifications to carry out the project. Usually, they seem to like to see a business plan - to define the project and show that you've considered the financing and other practical issues of carrying it out.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.