Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the employer reference letter.

One of my previous employer companies does not exist anymore. However, I have managed to contact the both the owner and my supervisor from that company. They have agreed to issue me a reference letter. My question is, should this letter be of the usual format on a company letterhead or should they give me something out of the ordinary?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have a question about the employer reference letter.

One of my previous employer companies does not exist anymore. However, I have managed to contact the both the owner and my supervisor from that company. They have agreed to issue me a reference letter. My question is, should this letter be of the usual format on a company letterhead or should they give me something out of the ordinary?

Thanks in advance.
Hi... If they have company letter heads then well and good. If not then take the reference from them on a statutory declaration. Official Template - Statutory declarations

Statutory declaration can be on a plain paper but they would need to sign before someone who is authorised. The list of authorised people is given in the above template.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi... If they have company letter heads then well and good. If not then take the reference from them on a statutory declaration. Official Template -

Statutory declaration can be on a plain paper but they would need to sign before someone who is authorised. The list of authorised people is given in the above template.
Thank you for the reply. Yes, they still have the company letterhead.

So, they just give me a usual reference on the letterhead and mentions the fact that company doesn't exist anymore in a few extra lines?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thank you for the reply. Yes, they still have the company letterhead.

So, they just give me a usual reference on the letterhead and mentions the fact that company doesn't exist anymore in a few extra lines?
What is a "usual reference"? If they are not going to write detailed description of your duties and responsibilites/technologies you've worked on etc. then I am afraid its not going to be of much use as Skill assessment agencies and DIAC want those details. If they are not ready to give details then you would have to give a self-statutory-declaration mentioning those.

Make sure they give their current contact details on the letter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is a "usual reference"? If they are not going to write detailed description of your duties and responsibilites/technologies you've worked on etc. then I am afraid its not going to be of much use as Skill assessment agencies and DIAC want those details. If they are not ready to give details then you would have to give a self-statutory-declaration mentioning those.

Make sure they give their current contact details on the letter.
Sorry for not making myself more clear. By "usual reference" I meant the sample .pdf that they have on their website(I can't yet post links) specifying what needs to be written on the letter like company Logo, Company details, Details of employment as in Position, number of hours worked, Duties etc.

Yes, they are prepared to give that info. I think I got my answer already. Thank you so much for assisting.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi... If they have company letter heads then well and good. If not then take the reference from them on a statutory declaration. Official Template - Statutory declarations

Hi,

Does ACS accepts Statutory declaration on plain paper .?

please advise...

·
Registered
69 Posts

Hi,

Statutory declaration on plain paper are accepted by ACS ?

Please advise.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi,

Statutory declaration on plain paper are accepted by ACS ?

Please advise.
Generally the statutory declaration is given on a notarised stamp duty paper, so as far my knowledge you will have to get it done on a stamp paper.

Hope this helps!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.