Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

For ACS assessment should we need to get reference letter with duties performed in company letter head? I am worried because my company will not give such letter, may be I can get as such am working in the company with so designation but definitely not with the roles and responsibilities...

Also should we need to get these from all our previous employers?

Thanks,
Prabhu

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
You will need a reference letter from all employers that you want considered in the skills assessment. The tasks/responsibilities are crucial - that's how ACS assesses whether your job is related to the nominated occupation code or not.

If your employer is unwilling to provide a reference letter in the ACS format, you can ask a work colleague to provide a statutory declaration (= witnessed statement). Refer to the ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants for details. The content of the letter is the same, except that it can be on a plain sheet of paper and that the colleague should describe your work relationship briefly. It should be signed in front of a witness, following the laws of your country for witnessed statements. A notary/lawyer always works, but in many countries a police officer, medical doctor etc. can also witness statements.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes Prabhu but don't worry there is a workaround if you cannot provide roles and responsibilities in company letter head, you need to provide a statutory declaration and get it signed by your supervisor(preferably manager).
In this way you need to provide 2 documents -> 1. self declaration and 2. Supervisor confirming your R&R. ACS will consider it, try to get it done on a bond paper, get it attested and also have witnesses signed.

Follow rules mentioned in ACS pdf, All the Best!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks expresso and shorefisher. I will read through the ACS document. One quick question for the previous employer should the one certifying has to be in the same company. My ex manager in my previous company has moved to a different company now? Should I need to get it from someone who is still employed with the company?

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Your colleague does not have to be with the company anymore, but as shorefisher wrote a senior colleague is highly recommended. Don't just ask a normal co-worker at your level.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have any sample for self declaration and this needs to be attested as well? I have worked with 3 companies in the past, believe we can have one single self declaration letter and 3 different letters from supervisor?

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
The self-declaration will be ignored so there is no need to write one ;). The ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines contain a sample reference letter, which I would use as a template. They also explain about self-declarations etc. if you read them carefully.

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi Prabhu,
I had applied for ACS Skill assessment on 21 April and today I got a positive reply.
I just uploaded the following docs.
1. Passport Copy
2. All marksheets + Degree
3. All stat Declarations +Exp letter +relieving letter only. I Did not attach any Pay slips or Form 16 or bank statement.

Note that all stat declarations need to be notorised preferably on a stamp paper and signed by your senior ( Can be a colleague at equal level Also) I had one experience signed by my colleage at same level.

No need for any self declaration or CV as it will not be assessed.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: bishtpan

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi Prabhu,
I applied under software engineer Code. I don't know under what code you will be applying as the reference would differ for each role.
Also the reference letter I submitted was based on my experience and work responsibilities. DO let me know anyway I Can help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Should we need to attach all individual mark sheets for the under graduate or consolidated mark sheet enough? Thanks!

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi,
Its better to attach individual Year wise Marksheet. this would ensure the CO that you did a 4 years Bachellor Course.
Do not forget to attach the degree certificate also else they will ask you back again for that.
the order should be Degree Certificate + the marksheets.
It should be a single PDF with the degree and marksheets attached in that particular order.

All the sheets should be notorised and marked Certified to be true copy. Also it should mention the data the attestation done.

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
dear sukesh,

can you please employment reference letter statuatory declaration sample you have submitted as i need format of stamp paer copy so that i can send it to local notary to do same for all documents

can you please help reach me kumar37.b at gmail dot com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Prabhu ,

Congratulation on your success. Could you help me by answering my questions

I am applying for 261313 . I am Bachelor of Electrical Engg (4 years) and have 14 years of experience in IT as Software developer . I have the letter as well from my 4 different and current employer. My question is

1. The content of the letter is as per latest ACS format. However there is no mention of the technology I have worked on . Will it be accepted by ACS

2. If I have 12-14 years of proven experience , I hope its not an issue that my engineering is in Electrical and not in Computer related course . Although we had computer related subject.

3. Do I need to upload the mark sheet for each year and semester . In my case it will be 4 years * 2 semester = 8 semesters . All in one PDF will do ?

4. Following is mentioned on ACS pdf . Did you pay any additonal fee ? Is there any restriction on the number of document ?

"Additional Fees
All skills assessment fees will include a total of 8 assessment episodes per application. An assessment episode can be either qualification or employment documentation. For example, you can submit 3 qualifications and 5 employment episodes or 8 employment episodes in total or any combination of qualifications and employment episodes numbering 8 assessment episodes per application. A $50 fee will apply for each additional qualification or employment episodes that exceeds a maximum of 8 assessment episodes per application"

Please help :)

Thanks In Advance!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi Prabhu,
I had applied for ACS Skill assessment on 21 April and today I got a positive reply.
I just uploaded the following docs.
1. Passport Copy
2. All marksheets + Degree
3. All stat Declarations +Exp letter +relieving letter only. I Did not attach any Pay slips or Form 16 or bank statement.

Note that all stat declarations need to be notorised preferably on a stamp paper and signed by your senior ( Can be a colleague at equal level Also) I had one experience signed by my colleage at same level.

No need for any self declaration or CV as it will not be assessed.

Hope it helps.

Hi Mate,
Can you please share the format of the letter or roles and responsibility list for software engineer SOL and is there any risk in getting the declaration from a co-worker who is having same designation in company but have more years of exp overall.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts