Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends

Would like to seek your assistance on the following complex situation as it has become too confusing for me.

For one of my previous companies (lets call it A) where I worked for 5 years, I have the earlier experience letter saying that I was employee of that ''A India Private Limited"" for 5 years.

Company's name has been acquired by other company and now called B.

When I requested them for RnR letter, they have issued me on the letterhead of B (which is ok because it mentions that Company A is now part of Company B) but they deducted 1 year of experience saying that I was on US payroll and its a separate entity. Asked me to contact the HR of company B in US. US HR has given me an experience letter of 1 year but without RnR (saying that they can not provide).

This now means that I have RnR letter only for 4 years.

1) Shall I go ahead and get a reference letter from one of my senior colleague. I am thinking of mentioning ''was employed with A India Private Limited (now called B) for 5 years. was on US payroll for 1 year and was in India for 4 years'''. Will that be ok?

2) Along with this, Shall I also send the RnR letter issued for 4 years by Company B in India and for experience letter issued from Company B is US?

3) Shall I submit the original experience letter also along with - mentioning I was part of Company A in India for 5 years? Will this add further ambiguity at any stage?

Apologies if this is confusing question but looking for your valuable assistance.

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello friends

Would like to seek your assistance on the following complex situation as it has become too confusing for me.

For one of my previous companies (lets call it A) where I worked for 5 years, I have the earlier experience letter saying that I was employee of that ''A India Private Limited"" for 5 years.

When I requested them for RnR letter, they have issued me on the letterhead of B (which is ok because it mentions that Company A is now part of Company B) but they deducted 1 year of experience saying that I was on US payroll and its a separate entity. Asked me to contact the HR of company B in US. US HR has given me an experience letter of 1 year but without RnR (saying that they can not provide).

1) Shall I go ahead and get a reference letter from one of my senior colleague. I am thinking of mentioning ''was employed with A India Private Limited (now called B) for 5 years. was on US payroll for 1 year and was in India for 4 years'''. Will that be ok?

2) Along with this, Shall I also send the RnR letter issued for 4 years by Company B in India and for experience letter issued from Company B is US?

3) Shall I submit the original experience letter also along with - mentioning I was part of Company A in India for 5 years? Will this add further ambiguity at any stage?

Apologies if this is confusing question but looking for your valuable assistance.

Thanks
Send only one RnR letter. Sending multiple is going to complicate things.
In your case I think its better to get colleague reference letter mentioning your roles and responsibilities along with your experience letter from A company.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Send only one RnR letter. Sending multiple is going to complicate things.
In your case I think its better to get colleague reference letter mentioning your roles and responsibilities along with your experience letter from A company.

Thanks for your response. How much total experience they deduct if we go RPL? I read that its 6 years but can they deduct more than that also? I am just thinking if I shall let off 1 year of experience if that doesnt change my bracket of experience and thus, not impacting the points from experience.

In that case, I can submit earlier letter and the letter received now with RnR (but one year of less experience)

Please suggest.

Thanks

·
Registered
23,869 Posts
Hello friends

Thanks
You are using the word reference letter even where it may not be applicable

Reference letter is issued by the company on its letterhead giving your RNR, locations, Designations, time periods etc. It is immaterial who issues it, as long as it is on the letter head, signed and dated with contact details of the signing authority mentioned in the letter.
No further evidence is required by ACS in this case

If you cannot get that for any particular period, you can get a statutory declaration from your manager
That can be issued on a plain paper or stamp paper depending on where it is being issued and notarized
This has to be supported by any one of the 3 evidence given in the ACS website

Please rephrase your question using the correct term, in case you have overlooked

Cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for your response. How much total experience they deduct if we go RPL? I read that its 6 years but can they deduct more than that also? I am just thinking if I shall let off 1 year of experience if that doesnt change my bracket of experience and thus, not impacting the points from experience.

In that case, I can submit earlier letter and the letter received now with RnR (but one year of less experience)

Please suggest.

Thanks
If you are going to ACS then they deduct based on your Education. Generally for IT/Computers degree they deduct 2-4 years of exp.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are going to ACS then they deduct based on your Education. Generally for IT/Computers degree they deduct 2-4 years of exp.

Hello - Mine is actually Non IT / Computers degree and therefore going via the RPL route.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Which ANZSCO code are you planning to apply for?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are using the word reference letter even where it may not be applicable

Reference letter is issued by the company on its letterhead giving your RNR, locations, Designations, time periods etc. It is immaterial who issues it, as long as it is on the letter head, signed and dated with contact details of the signing authority mentioned in the letter.
No further evidence is required by ACS in this case

If you cannot get that for any particular period, you can get a statutory declaration from your manager
That can be issued on a plain paper or stamp paper depending on where it is being issued and notarized
This has to be supported by any one of the 3 evidence given in the ACS website

Please rephrase your question using the correct term, in case you have overlooked

Cheers
Apologies for that. Let me use the correct terminology on the orginal question''

When I requested them for reference letter from the company having RnR they have issued me on the letterhead of B (which is ok because it mentions that Company A is now part of Company B) but they deducted 1 year of experience saying that I was on US payroll and its a separate entity. Asked me to contact the HR of company B in US. US HR has given me an experience letter of 1 year but without RnR (saying that they can not provide).

This now means that my reference letter has only for 4 years.

1) Shall I go ahead and get a declaration letter from one of my senior colleague. I am thinking of mentioning ''was employed with A India Private Limited (now called B) for 5 years. was on US payroll for 1 year and was in India for 4 years'''. Will that be ok?

2) Along with this, Shall I also send the reference letter issued for 4 years by Company B in India and for experience letter issued from Company B is US?

·
Registered
23,869 Posts
Apologies for that. Let me use the correct terminology on the orginal question''

When I requested them for reference letter from the company having RnR they have issued me on the letterhead of B (which is ok because it mentions that Company A is now part of Company B) but they deducted 1 year of experience saying that I was on US payroll and its a separate entity. Asked me to contact the HR of company B in US. US HR has given me an experience letter of 1 year but without RnR (saying that they can not provide).

This now means that my reference letter has only for 4 years.

1) Shall I go ahead and get a declaration letter from one of my senior colleague. I am thinking of mentioning ''was employed with A India Private Limited (now called B) for 5 years. was on US payroll for 1 year and was in India for 4 years'''. Will that be ok?

2) Along with this, Shall I also send the reference letter issued for 4 years by Company B in India and for experience letter issued from Company B is US?

No supporting evidence is required for the period you are giving reference letter
For the period you are giving SD i.e. 1 year along with the SD give any one of the 3 evidences also as mentioned in the ACS website
Dont give any additional documents whatsoever, would be my advise

Cheers

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

Could you please let me know,
I have done 3 years technical diploma and after that got admission in B.Tech as a lateral entry.
My education background is in Information Technology, total I have experience of 6 years 8 months with a gap of 1 year in between. My experience is in Telecommunication Field in three different companies.
with a difference in education and experience, which assessment authority should I approach, in the case of ACS will ACS deduct some years on this and also please confirm below points.
1) 1st company worked as an outsourced employee- Company and vendor both shut.
2)2nd company worked as an outsourced employee- Vendor shut down.
3) 3rd company I am working from last three years and have three different designations, I have to submit three SD's as or 1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts