Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im new to this forum and am sure with the state of the economy here that this may have been covered before, however...

Having been an expat for a year or so, I have recently been 'let go' by my previous employer with my residency/ work visa now terminated I was wondering what this means for my ability to live here.

Obviously I have to get some sort of visit visa in the short term to cover this, I was wondering what it means for me as car insurance, flat, DEWA etc are all in my name... are these affected/ still valid by not having a residency visa???

Does anyone have any direct numbers for immigration etc that may be useful??!! or advice on visa runs in this situation??? All help greatly appreciated...

thanks
Jay

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sorry about the work situation and I can't speak to the exact what to do situation. If or when this happens to me I would check with the consulate/embassy of your home country to see what they have to say.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Jay,
My name is youssef from BBC in London, the World Today programme. We're doing a package about the financial situation in Dubai. Would you be prepared to grant us an interview over the phone of about 3 minutes in the next 2 hours?
thanks.
my number is 00-4420-7557-1755

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.