Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have heard that If I go to British Columbia (Vancouver etc). . .I can sit the RED SEAL exam pretty much straight away having my irish electrical papers. . . .Whereas If I was to go to Alberta (Calgary or Edmonton etc.) I would have to work for 3 months under an Electrical Journeyman in order to qualify for the ELECTRICAL RED SEAL EXAM . . .IS THIS TRUE????? . . . . . . . Any Info would be greatly appreciated. . . . .

Also I have logged onto the CSA Website and found a CD Rom that has 1,500 questions and wright and wrong answers for the RED SEAL EXAM . .

Has anyone heard of this or has anyone done this already and can give me some advice??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok . . so if I do my Industrial Licence in Alberta will that cover me for Commercial and Domestic too?? . . . . .Also how long did you have to wait until you sat your exam???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

I'm heading to Vancouver in June and then I'll be applying to do my construction electrician red seal exam. I was planning on doing this in Alberta but I was told I will have to work a year as an apprentice before I can apply to sit the exam.

When I get my red seal cert in BC will I then be able to move to Alberta and work as a journeyman? Has anyone done this exam?
Thanks for any info.

Regards,
Derek

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all,

I am confused now . . can I work with my Irish electrical licence in alberta and still make reasonable money or do I have to wait 1 year to do the red seal . . any help. . .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dear friends,
I got a job offer as an Instrument technician through temporary foreign worker visa through Alberta province. can any one guide my how long i can work with this visa?with in how many month i can get PR?can i bring my family with me?and school fees for my kids are cheep or costly?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.