Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have heard that If I go to British Columbia (Vancouver etc). . .I can sit the RED SEAL exam pretty much straight away having my irish electrical papers. . . .Whereas If I was to go to Alberta (Calgary or Edmonton etc.) I would have to work for 3 months under an Electrical Journeyman in order to qualify for the ELECTRICAL RED SEAL EXAM . . .IS THIS TRUE????? . . . . . . . Any Info would be greatly appreciated. . . . .

Also I have logged onto the CSA Website and found a CD Rom that has 1,500 questions and wright and wrong answers for the RED SEAL EXAM . .

Has anyone heard of this or has anyone done this already and can give me some advice??

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok . . so if I do my Industrial Licence in Alberta will that cover me for Commercial and Domestic too?? . . . . .Also how long did you have to wait until you sat your exam???

· Registered
140 Posts
Oh ok . . so if I do my Industrial Licence in Alberta will that cover me for Commercial and Domestic too?? . . . . .Also how long did you have to wait until you sat your exam???

Yeah it covers you for everything, its more handy that way. you can allways phone up and find out when they are running the exams

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

I'm heading to Vancouver in June and then I'll be applying to do my construction electrician red seal exam. I was planning on doing this in Alberta but I was told I will have to work a year as an apprentice before I can apply to sit the exam.

When I get my red seal cert in BC will I then be able to move to Alberta and work as a journeyman? Has anyone done this exam?
Thanks for any info.

Regards,
Derek

· Registered
6 Posts
Why is that the industrial exam in Alberta covers everything but that does not apply to doing the exam in BC. The system seems a bit poor considering the certs are from the same authority.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all,

I am confused now . . can I work with my Irish electrical licence in alberta and still make reasonable money or do I have to wait 1 year to do the red seal . . any help. . .

· Registered
19 Posts
Dear friends,
I got a job offer as an Instrument technician through temporary foreign worker visa through Alberta province. can any one guide my how long i can work with this visa?with in how many month i can get PR?can i bring my family with me?and school fees for my kids are cheep or costly?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.