Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very good afternoon all,
I interviewed for a managerial position in June 2017. From my feeling all went well. The hiring Manager who would eventually be my future boss told me that by two weeks time they would inform me about the results. It has now been 02 months and I have not heard anything back. I followed up with HR and was told that as soon as they have a decision they will let me know. I do not want to follow up again as it can be seen as pushy or desperate. My interview was during Ramadan, then there was the long Eid break and also the summer break where I believe many decision makers and approvers might be on leave. I counted in total 7 business weeks till now!
If I check my online status, I can still see that I am not rejected.
Can it really take that long to know wheather I will receive an offer or not? What is your experience? What is the recruitment process after the interview?
Thanks for all your support!
Cheers

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Of course it will take as longa s it takes. This isnt Europe where everything is regimented and process oriented.

Look up 'Inshallah' as its impossible for anyone to tell you about the process as every company varies and it depends entirely upon the company, the market they are in and who actually is doing the work.

There is no definitive answer to your question as every situation is different and few markets in the UAE are growing and hiring.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
If it makes you feel any better it took nearly 4 months for my internal transfer within a very efficient global company from the U.K. to Dubai. The wheels turn very slowly at times.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I interviewed for a managerial position in June 2017. From my feeling all went well. The hiring Manager who would eventually be my future boss told me that by two weeks time they would inform me about the results. It has now been 02 months and I have not heard anything back. I followed up with HR and was told that as soon as they have a decision they will let me know. I do not want to follow up again as it can be seen as pushy or desperate. My interview was during Ramadan, then there was the long Eid break and also the summer break where I believe many decision makers and approvers might be on leave. I counted in total 7 business weeks till now!
Can it really take that long to know wheather I will receive an offer or not? What is your experience? What is the recruitment process after the interview?
Cheers
Have they asked for a copy of your passport?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cheers
I've been in a process since January and only due to start mid September. That seems not to be abnormal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, let's hope that this issue will be resolved as soon as possible because it's taking a lot of your time. Your status is not yet sure so let's hope for the best

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes they do have my passport copy since they booked my flights etc to be interviewed in Dubai. Let's see what the outcome will be. In my account on their career site I am still being considered. Thx all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts