Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a feeling this is going to be a really stupid question but, reading another thread, I am wondering how UKBA knows a non EU person with a multiple entry visitor visa, has actually left the UK at the end of a holiday? There is a local stamp in my husband's passport which indicates we returned here after the four weeks holiday, which is good, but does UKBA have their own confirmation that we left??

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm not really sure how they do it but it seems they have access into everything. who ever comes to the country and leave the country, they have some sort of log-in details in the computer which shows who arrive and who left and the Home office has access to that if they want to.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I would imagine that UKBA has access to your passport records, and seeing as you give your passport number with every flight you fly/international train/border crossing/etc, there's an excellent paper trail of exactly where you go.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. As I say, we have proof we left if we were ever questioned but, just reading some other threads on overstayers, it made me wonder.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I know every time I have left the UK they have these attendants that look at my passport, scan it, and then put this small sticker on the back cover of my passport.

Maybe that's one of the ways they know when they swipe it?

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
The advance passenger information is one way of tracking people in and out of UK (e-borders), but the system isn't complete (you don't have to declare anything when leaving by ferry, for example). Your travel record isn't something they have at their fingertips, but some of it can be dug out when required.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.