Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Will be moving to Dubai in the next few months and I'm looking for recommendations for places that provide brazilian waxing for men. I've seen a few places listed online but they all seem to be in gentlemen's spas and the wax is administered by another man. For years I have been getting waxed by a female therapist and honestly I don't feel comfortable having my nether regions waxed and handled by another man.

Any place in Dubai that allows a trained and professional female therapist to wax a guy?

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Hi. Will be moving to Dubai in the next few months and I'm looking for recommendations for places that provide brazilian waxing for men. I've seen a few places listed online but they all seem to be in gentlemen's spas and the wax is administered by another man. For years I have been getting waxed by a female therapist and honestly I don't feel comfortable having my nether regions waxed and handled by another man.

Any place in Dubai that allows a trained and professional female therapist to wax a guy?
Hi,
Not sure that would be legal in Dubai!
Maybe other waxees will be along to confirm or deny this.
Cheers
Steve

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Assuming you mean a back, sack and crack ? ..... likewise I'd doubt if it's legal ..... I'd put calls in to some of the decent hotel spa's they will soon tell you.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Nope, as far as I'm aware, women don't work in male salons. You'll probably find the dodgy ones do, the ones that offer the 'happy ending' massages. But no legitimate salon will have women giving such services to men here.

You'll have to get yourself some Veet cream and do it yourself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Assuming you mean a back, sack and crack ? ..... likewise I'd doubt if it's legal ..... I'd put calls in to some of the decent hotel spa's they will soon tell you.
Yup. A BSC. Surprised that it's not considered legal for a woman in a professional setting to provide waxing services but yet some cars in Dubai regularly get plastered with ads for massage parlours that provide illegal "extra" services.

Will try some of the higher end hotel spas and see what they offer. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, as far as I'm aware, women don't work in male salons. You'll probably find the dodgy ones do, the ones that offer the 'happy ending' massages. But no legitimate salon will have women giving such services to men here.

You'll have to get yourself some Veet cream and do it yourself.
That's a shame. So that means even getting a massage is only provided by a man? Certainly not keen on the dodgy ones.

Guess I will have to consider Veet cream unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Yup. A BSC. Surprised that it's not considered legal for a woman in a professional setting to provide waxing services but yet some cars in Dubai regularly get plastered with ads for massage parlours that provide illegal "extra" services.

Will try some of the higher end hotel spas and see what they offer. Thanks.
They probably don't bother plastering cars with cards for illegal sack waxing as there wouldn't be much call for it :D

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
So when your PA is having a heart attack and you havent got a female first aid person she is in trouble, as men are not permitted to administer aid to a female.

Waxing your nether regions ....... not a chance !

·
Registered
3 Posts

Did he find what he was looking for....

·
Registered
14 Posts
it is just fun to read this post. Wondering how can the main doubt to move here is if I can find a place where to do brazilian waxing. What an easy life!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
What makes you think this was his main concern?

Did he post on lots of other subjects of concern ?

If he didn’t then this is his min. On web is t it as it’s the one thing he doesn’t know about, but cares enough about it to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts