Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend someone in Dubai who advises UK expats in UAE on tax affairs, please? I had someone lined up but they are too busy to take on new clients. Most of the people I research seem to focus on selling financial products whereas I want to pay a fee for advice on my tax affairs. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
858 Posts
my company paid Deloittes in London to advise me when I first moved here. they were well versed in everything about UK tax for non-residents but would I expect be poor value unless you are already a client.

definitely do not pay a "financial advisor" out here as they are unlikely to be properly trained, regulated or insured if the advice they give you is wrong.

You need a proper tax accountant /advisor working for a reputable firm, probably an accountancy firm. I'm sure there are plenty of smaller accountancy firms, in London especially, who could advise you. Easy enough to get the advice over the phone /by email.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Can anyone recommend someone in Dubai who advises UK expats in UAE on tax affairs, please? I had someone lined up but they are too busy to take on new clients. Most of the people I research seem to focus on selling financial products whereas I want to pay a fee for advice on my tax affairs. Thanks in advance for your help.
Used a very good company in UK, did my non resident and my self assessment with a 4k rebate.

More than happy with them, pm if you want there details.

They are only tax advisers and have nothing to sell you

·
Registered
43 Posts
I contacted the UK tax office direct. wrote to them. they sent me the forms, I completed and submitted, and got my rebate sent in a cheque to my uk family to then put into my uk account.

didn't cost me a penny! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts