Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
50,470 Posts
This list is basically the same sort of list you'll get from the US Consulate in Paris site:

U.S. Taxes (IRS) | Embassy of the United States Paris, France and then click on the "Tax Accountants" link for a pdf listing.

or

Resources for US Citizens | Embassy of the United States Paris, France and then click on Attorneys in France and look for those claiming a tax and/or business (in your case, this might be useful) specialty

A number of the tax attorneys in Paris are also members (and often on the board) of AARO. It could be worthwhile taking an AARO membership, if only to get access to their information sheets on US/French taxation. Plus, if you turn up at a meeting, you might actually get to meet (and "interview") a potential tax advisor. AARO - Association of Americans Resident Overseas
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This list is basically the same sort of list you'll get from the US Consulate in Paris site:

U.S. Taxes (IRS) | Embassy of the United States Paris, France and then click on the "Tax Accountants" link for a pdf listing.

or

Resources for US Citizens | Embassy of the United States Paris, France and then click on Attorneys in France and look for those claiming a tax and/or business (in your case, this might be useful) specialty

A number of the tax attorneys in Paris are also members (and often on the board) of AARO. It could be worthwhile taking an AARO membership, if only to get access to their information sheets on US/French taxation. Plus, if you turn up at a meeting, you might actually get to meet (and "interview") a potential tax advisor. AARO - Association of Americans Resident Overseas
Cheers,
Bev
Hi Bev, thank you for the list. I wonder if anyone has any recommendations though rather than just choosing one. Do you know of any ones that you've heard that are good?

·
Administrator
50,470 Posts
I knew a couple of the guys on the consulate's list of attorneys when I was an AARO member - but I'm not sure if any of them are still in practice. (This was 10 years ago.) But I'm an accountant by trade and don't bother using anyone to do my taxes, so I can't really vouch for anyone on that score.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.