Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my property on the market for a while using a number of web sites - with little sensible response and of course the associated costs. The sites are obviously trawled by scammers and rather newer versions of the Nigerian 419 scam abound - Syria seems to be the current story line.
Can anyone recommend estate agents in Alicante Province who might do a little more than stick a photo in their window? This is an inland property not a coastal apartment.
Thank you

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
I've had my property on the market for a while using a number of web sites - with little sensible response and of course the associated costs. The sites are obviously trawled by scammers and rather newer versions of the Nigerian 419 scam abound - Syria seems to be the current story line.
Can anyone recommend estate agents in Alicante Province who might do a little more than stick a photo in their window? This is an inland property not a coastal apartment.
Thank you

Unfortuntely my recent sales experience can only relate to CB North, some 80 kms North of Alicante.

I advertised on a UK web site, a Russain web site and three different estate agents. The Brit owned estate agency advertised on web AND on Rightmove and a few other sites in the UK. Most of my enquiries came from two of the estate agents and the UK sight (Magnolia). I sold via a local estate agent after one month.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Unfortuntely my recent sales experience can only relate to CB North, some 80 kms North of Alicante.

I advertised on a UK web site, a Russain web site and three different estate agents. The Brit owned estate agency advertised on web AND on Rightmove and a few other sites in the UK. Most of my enquiries came from two of the estate agents and the UK sight (Magnolia). I sold via a local estate agent after one month.
Would you recommend the Russian site and could you name it? Did you opt for the top package with Magnolia?

My problem is that the average foreigner doesn't generally look for property in Madrid so most of my enquiries are local, but every little helps - one never knows who might be looking somewhere in the world.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,690 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Sorry to butt in.

Stravinsky, which local agent did you use? If you don't want to name them on here, would you mind pm to me please?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Sorry to butt in.

Stravinsky, which local agent did you use? If you don't want to name them on here, would you mind pm to me please?

Thanks
I cant recommend the estate agent I used, for although they were very quick to get a sale, they proved to be unscrupulous and dishonest in ripping the seller off by removing furniture that didnt belong to them, selling a car that they had no right to sell, and mis declaring the property value to get extra money from the buyer in cash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts