Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be thousands in Dubai but can anyone recommend a good, reliable and 'honest' car hire company?

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
I used Thrifty. Got a 2009 Honda Civic for AED 2,400 per month, including insurance. They deliver the car to you and pick it up when you're ready to return it or when it is due for a service.

Never had any probs with them and would certainly use them again if I have to rent a car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
car hire dubai

There seems to be thousands in Dubai but can anyone recommend a good, reliable and 'honest' car hire company?
Some colleagues and friends of mine work for Sixt rent a car in Dubai.
Their fleet consist mostly of new Mercedes Cars and they have a very good reputation on service

·
Registered
15 Posts
If u fancy Audis & VWs,try Eurostar car rental.Reasonably priced & excellent service.

Try it if u dont want the usual japanese 1.4s.

·
Registered
364 Posts
How much would I expect to pay for a little car (eg: Nissan Micra)?
The cheapest is Discount who charge 1370 a month for a Chevrolet Spark. However, they don't offer CDW and charge an extra 150 for a second driver. So we found that Dollar at 1500 a month for a Lancer (which is also a lot bigger than the spark and has a 1.3 engine (still not massive) compared to a 0.8) with no extra charge for a second driver was cheapest as there are 2 of us. We opted for the CDW at 200 for 3 months as well. Few of the other car hire firms come close for cheap mothly rentals

·
Registered
62 Posts
The cheapest is Discount who charge 1370 a month for a Chevrolet Spark. However, they don't offer CDW and charge an extra 150 for a second driver. So we found that Dollar at 1500 a month for a Lancer (which is also a lot bigger than the spark and has a 1.3 engine (still not massive) compared to a 0.8) with no extra charge for a second driver was cheapest as there are 2 of us. We opted for the CDW at 200 for 3 months as well. Few of the other car hire firms come close for cheap mothly rentals
Thanks for the info, a silly question... what is CDW?

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Collision Damage Waiver - It just means that in the event of the accident, regardless of whether you are at fault, there will be no excess payable to the rental firm for any damage caused to their car.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Collision Damage Waiver - if you have an accident (and given the standard of driving in Dubai that's not a huge 'if'), a CDW covers you for the cost of the excess so you need not pay anything.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Collision Damage Waiver - if you have an accident (and given the standard of driving in Dubai that's not a huge 'if'), a CDW covers you for the cost of the excess so you need not pay anything.
That sounds like an excellent option, especially if the driving is anything like I experienced in Cairo! Those people drive by feel...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.