Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm applying for a position located in the EU, but I need to determine which body recognizes US college diplomas.

Is anyone familiar with this offhand?

---------

Only diplomas issued by EU Member State authorities and diplomas recognised as equivalent by the relevant EU Member State bodies are accepted. If the main studies took place outside the European Union, the candidate’s qualification must have been recognised by a body delegated officially for the purpose by one of the European Union Member States (such as a national Ministry of Education) and a document proving this must also be mentioned in the application form (and submitted together with the degree or diploma) to enable the Selection Committee to assess accurately the level of qualification.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'm applying for a position located in the EU, but I need to determine which body recognizes US college diplomas.

Is anyone familiar with this offhand?

---------

Only diplomas issued by EU Member State authorities and diplomas recognised as equivalent by the relevant EU Member State bodies are accepted. If the main studies took place outside the European Union, the candidate’s qualification must have been recognised by a body delegated officially for the purpose by one of the European Union Member States (such as a national Ministry of Education) and a document proving this must also be mentioned in the application form (and submitted together with the degree or diploma) to enable the Selection Committee to assess accurately the level of qualification.
Oye vey.

In Spain this would mean getting your degree legalized ("homologado") by the Ministerio de Educación. It is a long and frustrating process.

I would still apply for the job. !s they say here: "el no ya lo tienes..."

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
They don't even recognise Degrees issued by the Catholic University of Paris in Madrid, so that might give you an idea of their approach.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts