Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With pumpkinon the menu here at present I thought you might a copy of a recipe I found while in New England.

NEW ENGLAND pumpkin loaf

Ingredients

* 15 ounces pumpkin mashed (I find cutting the pumpkin into smaller pieces and steaming, the scooping the flesh out best)
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 2/3 cup water
* 3 cups white sugar
* 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
3. Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

ENJOY

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds Delicious! I threw away alot of Pumpkin when carving for Halloween last month, now I know what to do with it next yr October:)

·
Registered
999 Posts
For a delicious meal, place two slices of bread in a toaster, throw a cup of baked beans in the microwave for about 2 minutes. When the toast pops up, take the toast out and butter liberally, when the microwave goes ding, take out the cup and pour the beans on top of the toast. Add brown sauce to taste. mmmmmmmmmmmm.

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For a delicious meal, place two slices of bread in a toaster, throw a cup of baked beans in the microwave for about 2 minutes. When the toast pops up, take the toast out and butter liberally, when the microwave goes ding, take out the cup and pour the beans on top of the toast. Add brown sauce to taste. mmmmmmmmmmmm.
Brown sauce with baked beans YUCK:D

·
Banned
533 Posts
There is a local farmer who calls every Tuesday, (little van), 12 free range eggs for 1 euro. The problem is finding the money for the Heinz ketchup
John999

·
Banned
533 Posts
Are you talking about that farm, just of the N115? If it is, I´ve been there and the mushrooms are great. Just makes breki better
John999
:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts