Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Global recession & Arabian Jasmine revolution is eating into industry forecasts...
My company has offered to move me to Cape town, however at a lower package...:mad: (ascending USD to descending Rand)

I need advice of fellow capetonians, is 21000 R (final in hand) good for family of 3 (husband, wife & a baby)...moderate lifestyle (monthly outings)? :confused:

I plan to live in Claremont, 1 bedroom furnished apartment and would like to own a car within 1st year of stay! Also wish to save 1-2000 R monthly

I have done all permutations & combinations of expenses by checking gumtree, picknpay, woolworths ... however in absence of real friends in the city, I would be grateful to all your suggestions...:confused2:

Thank you

Al-

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hi,

Global recession & Arabian Jasmine revolution is eating into industry forecasts...
My company has offered to move me to Cape town, however at a lower package...:mad: (ascending USD to descending Rand)

I need advice of fellow capetonians, is 21000 R (final in hand) good for family of 3 (husband, wife & a baby)...moderate lifestyle (monthly outings)? :confused:

I plan to live in Claremont, 1 bedroom furnished apartment and would like to own a car within 1st year of stay! Also wish to save 1-2000 R monthly

I have done all permutations & combinations of expenses by checking gumtree, picknpay, woolworths ... however in absence of real friends in the city, I would be grateful to all your suggestions...:confused2:

Thank you

Al-
Your income will be about 8 times less?
Do you have to move? Can you negotiate a better salary?
Motor cars are quite dear in SA.
Do not forget to add medical cover, insurance etc into your calculations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your income will be about 8 times less?
Do you have to move? Can you negotiate a better salary?
Motor cars are quite dear in SA.
Do not forget to add medical cover, insurance etc into your calculations.
Hi Johanna,

21,000 is after paying all liabilities like insurance & pension, this is what I will get in hand after paying taxes.

In this I have to take care of housing & other everyday expenses.
Do you think for Cape its OK?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hi Johanna,

21,000 is after paying all liabilities like insurance & pension, this is what I will get in hand after paying taxes.

In this I have to take care of housing & other everyday expenses.
Do you think for Cape its OK?

Thanks
Sounds as if you should be ok then.
The Cape is great, yes there is crime, depending on where you live, Cape Town is a beautiful city,vibrant and very popular city among tourists world wide.

Hope you will be very happy !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts