Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know that I had a collapse of the retina in my right eye several years ago. It tore into four pieces and was laser-welded back into place in Guadalajara, giving me some dim & distorted sight. It is holding up well, but doesn't work well enough to read anything.
Today, I got the bad news that my left retina is beginning to collapse. As such, I'll go in for similar surgery tomorrow, with both my ophthalmologist and retinologist attending. If all goes well, they'll save my sight for a while more, but the recovery often requires that I stay in a certain position for 2-4 weeks.
So, I may be 'on recess' for a while. Hopefully, not forever.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I really hope you are getting this surgery done at the eye clinic in Puerta de Hierro Hospital. They are the best in town. Best of luck.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well I wish you all the best ad hope you make a speedy recovery. We'll miss you

Jo xxx
I and my wife send our best wishes for a recovery that will enable you to continue your fine contributions to this forum. Over the years you have been one of the leaders of Group 3 and one whose advice was (and still is) greatly appreciated over the years that I was a lurker.

·
Registered
358 Posts
RVGRINGO said:
Some of you know that I had a collapse of the retina in my right eye several years ago. It tore into four pieces and was laser-welded back into place in Guadalajara, giving me some dim & distorted sight. It is holding up well, but doesn't work well enough to read anything.
Today, I got the bad news that my left retina is beginning to collapse. As such, I'll go in for similar surgery tomorrow, with both my ophthalmologist and retinologist attending. If all goes well, they'll save my sight for a while more, but the recovery often requires that I stay in a certain position for 2-4 weeks.
We all await your speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPod touch using ExpatForum

·
Registered
184 Posts
As I am one of the newer posters on the forum, I feel like I'm just now getting to know you. So speedy recovery, all the best wishes and most important, hurry back.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm just a few months on this forum, but always look for your posts RVRingo! I will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow and send you positive energy. I hope for it all goes well and you enjoy a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My heartfelt wishes for a successful and speedy recovery. We will miss you here on the forum and hope that you are back very soon. Eat lots of carrots!!!:)

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks a million, guys. ****** Carlos, I could almost read your post with my bad eye.
Actually, I could be reading again by Thursday, but might not be able to be vertical. Retinal surgery often requires staying in a strange position for weeks, which wouldn't allow much computer time.
However, there is always the possibility that it won't come out the way we plan it. Not having another good eye does give me pause.
Oh well ..... three hours more to wait.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.