Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I received my decision has been made email in regards to my fiancee visa on Friday 8th May 2015. It is now Wednesday 13th May and I still am not able to start tracking my documents by courier. In New Zealand we do not have a place to collect them from, they are all sent to UK Visas & Immigration in Auckland then couriered to us. So I am not expecting a second email to say they have been received but I was expecting after a few days to be able to start tracking my courier.

5 days in and still waiting...

Can anyone advise how long I should expect to wait or has been through the same process as me in New Zealand?

Many thanks!

Nicola

·
Registered
302 Posts
when I got my email the visa turned up 3 days later. So I can't answer your question sorry. It said in my email not to start tracking for 3 days, so I didn't.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah when I got a tier 5 youth mobility visa 2 years ago it said I could start tracking in 3 days. I got my email on a Friday so not sure if it would have been sent out before the weekend or after. Hopefully it turns up soon!

Was yours being sent to NZ?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Cross fingers you get it soon. They quite possibly waited for the Monday before it was sent out?

Yep, was sent to nz. When I sent it, I could only track it to Auckland. And for it coming back, well it was all pretty quick.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey goodluck! It should certainly turn up soon! Mine was 2 days from the email but I paid for priority and applied in Melbourne. Least you know it's on the way!!! Let us know of outcome!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oh and also, answer all phone calls as I got a call not an email, to say mine had arrived and it came from a private number! I don't usually answer private number calls but did this one!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey goodluck! It should certainly turn up soon! Mine was 2 days from the email but I paid for priority and applied in Melbourne. Least you know it's on the way!!! Let us know of outcome!
Thank you :) I did not receive a call or an email but I can see it tracking now on the courier so it will be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully I can sleep tonight!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all

I received my decision has been made email in regards to my fiancee visa on Friday 8th May 2015. It is now Wednesday 13th May and I still am not able to start tracking my documents by courier. In New Zealand we do not have a place to collect them from, they are all sent to UK Visas & Immigration in Auckland then couriered to us. So I am not expecting a second email to say they have been received but I was expecting after a few days to be able to start tracking my courier.

5 days in and still waiting...

Can anyone advise how long I should expect to wait or has been through the same process as me in New Zealand?

Many thanks!

Nicola
Hey Nicola,

I'm in the same situation as you, and had a quick question.

Did you only pay postage for your parcel to go to Shortland street? Who pays for the cost to send our visas to Manila?

Also, in the pre-paid return envelope, do we write our own address on there or the shortland st one?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Nicola,

I'm in the same situation as you, and had a quick question.

Did you only pay postage for your parcel to go to Shortland street? Who pays for the cost to send our visas to Manila?

Also, in the pre-paid return envelope, do we write our own address on there or the shortland st one?

Thanks
Hey! Yeah you just buy two courier bags (make sure that they are non-signature though as UKVI Auckland does not accept signature couriers). They will forward it on to Manila on your behalf, then it is sent back to UKVI Auckland and couriered on to you. On the pre-paid return courier bag you write your own address.

It has been a week tomorrow since I was told a decision has been made on my visa application, finally last night I could track the courier and it flew down from Auckland to Wellington last night, made it to the depot to come out to me today (10 mins up the road from my house) but because of the severe weather and road flooding etc the courier drivers were told not to collect anything and they said I can not collect from the depot as it is un-manned. Ha! Of all the days...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey! Yeah you just buy two courier bags (make sure that they are non-signature though as UKVI Auckland does not accept signature couriers). They will forward it on to Manila on your behalf, then it is sent back to UKVI Auckland and couriered on to you. On the pre-paid return courier bag you write your own address.

It has been a week tomorrow since I was told a decision has been made on my visa application, finally last night I could track the courier and it flew down from Auckland to Wellington last night, made it to the depot to come out to me today (10 mins up the road from my house) but because of the severe weather and road flooding etc the courier drivers were told not to collect anything and they said I can not collect from the depot as it is un-manned. Ha! Of all the days...
Awesome! Thanks heaps for that. I was unsure as to why UKVI would pay for our postage to Manila, but that's good, as I don't have to pay international fees for posting my massive application.

Gutted about the weather in Wellington, it looks mad. Hope all is ok and that you get your Visa soon. Hopefully you're not flying out of welly any time soon??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put my intended arrival date as today! Ha! But I have been holding off booking my flight until I receive my visa (everything crossed its good news). Will book for next week assuming it's all good. Hope they can drive my parcel to me tomorrow! It's soooooo close!!

Yeah Manila put it in a diplomatic bag I think which gets flown to Manila.

What type of visa are you applying for?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wish I'd seen the bit about signature couriers before I sent my application off Friday morning! Would have saved me stress / multiple calls to NZ Post / Courier Post today, bc tracking said a card to call had been left at delivery address, which - obviously, would go ignored by whoever collects the post!

The call centre said they do accept courier w signature but the courier driver just signs for it / delivery doesnt show as complete. Guess we'll see if / when I get my reciept confirmation email (if it doesn't show by Friday I'm calling Courier Post back and talking very loudly, haha!)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wish I'd seen the bit about signature couriers before I sent my application off Friday morning! Would have saved me stress / multiple calls to NZ Post / Courier Post today, bc tracking said a card to call had been left at delivery address, which - obviously, would go ignored by whoever collects the post!

The call centre said they do accept courier w signature but the courier driver just signs for it / delivery doesnt show as complete. Guess we'll see if / when I get my reciept confirmation email (if it doesn't show by Friday I'm calling Courier Post back and talking very loudly, haha!)
Oh no what a pain! I never received a receipt email from Manila when I sent mine, my first correspondence was to say that a decision had been made and that my documents were being sent back to me.

You can go online to https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/ and enter your details and ask a question, they take a day to come back to you but would be able to confirm that it had been received. Did you pay for priority?

My visa came back approved however my sponsors first initial was put as a C rather than a G, now I am in London having to send my passport off to have my visa amended. Thankfully I am with my fiance and it just gets sent to the home office in London.

Good luck with your application :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh no what a pain! I never received a receipt email from Manila when I sent mine, my first correspondence was to say that a decision had been made and that my documents were being sent back to me.

You can go online to https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/ and enter your details and ask a question, they take a day to come back to you but would be able to confirm that it had been received. Did you pay for priority?

My visa came back approved however my sponsors first initial was put as a C rather than a G, now I am in London having to send my passport off to have my visa amended. Thankfully I am with my fiance and it just gets sent to the home office in London.

Good luck with your application :)
Nah I just sent it standard - I'm not rushing to UK, flights are booked for July 12th so there's some time. If I don't get an email that docs were received in Manila by Monday I'll definitely send them a query, thanks for the link :)

And congrats on your successful visa! Pity about the error but glad to see it didn't affect your entry to UK or anything!

·
Registered
1 Posts
bellzy

hi i just sent mine off on the 16th of june my intentions are to depart 25th of july amy i cutting it bit close?????how long did your processes take?please reply thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.