Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received Victoria SS today. We have decided to accept it later this week...

I have few confusions, please could some one clarify if there are any discrepencies:-

1) I come under ASCO 2231-79 Computing Professional (C#C++/C) which is in CSL. This is the code for which we received assessment from ACS and forwarded it to VIC. In the Email that I received from VIC, it says: (ASCO Code: 2231-79 Occupation: Computing Professionals nec). Is there something wrong here? Is it OK to submit VIC SS, or should I notify VIC SS about this difference?

2) If we get 176 for Victoria, (a) First time, should we travel directly to Victoria for Visa Validation? (b) During first two years, should I not travel to any other State during en-route Travel -or- for Holidays? (c) Am I still eligible to travel to New Zealand during first two years (during en-route -or- for Holidays)

3) Once we accept VIC SS, How long it takes to ask for Medicals and PCC? By the time DIAC requests Medicals and PCC, are the Job and Address Verifications completed?

4) We are based in India and plan to complete Medicals and PCC immediately before DIAC asks for it. Is it fine? Or should we wait for Email from DIAC? (I heard from my Visa Consultant that I better wait for DIAC Email before applying for Medicals and PCC, he says he had experience of DIAC asking for Medicals and PCC, in CSL cases even though they were front loaded (Our Visa Consultant works only for 175 Applications and is not aware of fine details for 176 SS Visa))

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello Reddy.n,
First of all congrats on getting the Vic Ss.

1) I guess it doesn't make much difference on occupation you land in Auss..When you land over there you are free to work in any profession as long as you get a job. But still I would suggest you to consult someone expert in this case, may be some senior members here...
2) You are free to travel to any location in 5 years and you can travel to NZ as well. You have to work in in Vic for 2 years its a moral obligation.
3) Now when you do the remaining procedure of accepting the sponsorship and Vic people will send the form 1100 to DIAC saying that they have given you the sponsorship then you will be allocated a CO very soon if you are on CSL or MODL. The CO will ask for the medicals and PCC very soon. But incase you want to save time you can apply for PCC as it takes time in India.
4) most of the people do it front loaded that is submit it with the application if they are on CSL as the visa timeline for CSL applicants is one year.
Hope this helps...
Still you may consider to consult a expert.
Thanks in advance....
KK....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Quick Reply. My main concern is does Victoria SS affect my CSL Category? Will I continue to be in CSL?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As you can see in VIC SS Application form (http://i48.tinypic.com/2vl41m8.jpg), Q2.2 Q2.2 Occupation you will be nominating on your Department of Immigration And Citizenship (DIAC) application, there is no option to select C#/C++/C.

Many others must have faced similar situation. Please tell me if it is OK (that I will continue to be in CSL) to accept VIC SS in current format.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thanks for the Quick Reply. My main concern is does Victoria SS affect my CSL Category? Will I continue to be in CSL?

YES, you will be in CSL as long as ur occupation is in MODL. Immigration works on ASCO code. I don't see any reason for you to worry, if you select correct ASCO code i.e. 2231-79

AS MODL candidate, you will continue to enjoy CSL status.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi,

There is no problem with this and you can go ahead.

nec stands for Not Elsewhere Classified.
This is used to represent a group of people with a skill that comes under the same profession, but with different specializations.

Most of the computing professionals except few, will be under MODL/CSL code 2231-79.

For ex:-
Computing Professionals - C++/C#
Computing Professionals - Java
Computing Professionals - SAP
Computing Professionals - .NET, etc.

all have the same MODL i.w. 2231-79

So, no worries and you can proceed with SS. All The Best.

As you can see in VIC SS Application form (http://i48.tinypic.com/2vl41m8.jpg), Q2.2 Q2.2 Occupation you will be nominating on your Department of Immigration And Citizenship (DIAC) application, there is no option to select C#/C++/C.

Many others must have faced similar situation. Please tell me if it is OK (that I will continue to be in CSL) to accept VIC SS in current format.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I contacted VIC about this, and they Quickly replied "when we formally advice DIAC, we will indicate your Specialization".

Thank you for evey one, I was just worried because just "ASCO Code: 2231-79 Occupation: Computing Professionals nec" would not fetch any MODL points. Now everything is clear...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just received Victoria SS today. We have decided to accept it later this week...

I have few confusions, please could some one clarify if there are any discrepencies:-

1) I come under ASCO 2231-79 Computing Professional (C#C++/C) which is in CSL. This is the code for which we received assessment from ACS and forwarded it to VIC. In the Email that I received from VIC, it says: (ASCO Code: 2231-79 Occupation: Computing Professionals nec). Is there something wrong here? Is it OK to submit VIC SS, or should I notify VIC SS about this difference?

2) If we get 176 for Victoria, (a) First time, should we travel directly to Victoria for Visa Validation? (b) During first two years, should I not travel to any other State during en-route Travel -or- for Holidays? (c) Am I still eligible to travel to New Zealand during first two years (during en-route -or- for Holidays)

3) Once we accept VIC SS, How long it takes to ask for Medicals and PCC? By the time DIAC requests Medicals and PCC, are the Job and Address Verifications completed?

4) We are based in India and plan to complete Medicals and PCC immediately before DIAC asks for it. Is it fine? Or should we wait for Email from DIAC? (I heard from my Visa Consultant that I better wait for DIAC Email before applying for Medicals and PCC, he says he had experience of DIAC asking for Medicals and PCC, in CSL cases even though they were front loaded (Our Visa Consultant works only for 175 Applications and is not aware of fine details for 176 SS Visa))

Hi,
Many congrats for the success in your first step.. I am also applying for Vic SS and have some confusions.

1) Is there any funds requirement by the state, if any then what is? I have not enough movable funds (like A$10K) but my father sponsoring me i had need any more, however i have some in my account and have some assets (like car, employee PF & graduity). How can i proof all that? Can you please send me the letter you have submitted to have an idea?

2) What other documents you submitted to Vic SS? Should i submit all the documents which i sent to Skill Assessment (ACS)?

3) How i draft a letter for "Planned Settlement Location"? Please share me as well if you have any.

Regards,
Faisal Habib

1 - 8 of 8 Posts