Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just notified this morning that I have have an unconditional offer of a place in the MSc program in Purchasing and Supply Chain at the University of Westminster for the 4 January 2016 start date. I know this from the UKPASS/UCAS portal. The offer letter (with details) is presumably on its way via the post.

Should I go ahead and accept while I work out the details of financial aid, scholarships, and housing? I'm thinking I will wait until the offer letter arrives and the news has had a chance to sink in. If anyone has any advice here it would be most helpful. The US system requires payment of a deposit to hold a position. It seems in UKPASS/UCAS, an acceptance leads to "provisional enrolment", and the deposit comes later. Does that sound right?

If I have this correct, the rules say that I can arrive up to 30 days before the course start date, so 5 December 2015, and I can apply for a student visa (Tier 4 general) up to 3 months before that, so 5 September 2015 onwards. Does that sound right?

I can also go the unmarried partner visa route, which is better in the long run, but the student visa gives us the option of my arriving first, though at additional cost. We both live here in the US, and have much to take care of before moving over. The advice to start organising your things ten years before you want to move is not off by much!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I have discovered a mistake. I can only apply 3 months before the start of the course (not earliest arrival) so that's 5th October 2015.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.