Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I have received it. I have a 6 mos visa stamp in my passport just my daughter does not. I want to appeal. They said it is based on the fact tht they gave me 4 days to send in proof of custody and I did not, so they are not satisfied that I have custody of her. I am going to do everything I can to try and reach him today and get this done. How long does it usually take for an appeal because my stamp is only good for 6 months

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ok guys I have received it. I have a 6 mos visa stamp in my passport just my daughter does not. I want to appeal. They said it is based on the fact tht they gave me 4 days to send in proof of custody and I did not, so they are not satisfied that I have custody of her. I am going to do everything I can to try and reach him today and get this done. How long does it usually take for an appeal because my stamp is only good for 6 months
Hey Mistheuk, well am sure if you appeal with the documents they requested for, then all will be ok, but why have they issued a 6 months visa? Was it a visitor visa you applied for or it was a spouse visa? I assume a spouse visa is suppose to be a 2yr visa not 6 months? But as for your daughters refusal is concerned, it will be granted once you organise your documents as per their request and send to them in form of an appeal. I have seen on here that appeals at times do take long, but if it will be a stright forward issue then i doubt it would take long. Have seen somewhere that an appeal took as long as 3 months....but some took even less than that...but am sure all will be ok for you, just get those documents together.....you have 28 days to do your appeal..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ye its just 1 document they need for her. It was a fiancee visa, they are only good for 6 months until u marry in the UK and apply for the 2 yr spousal visa.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ye its just 1 document they need for her. It was a fiancee visa, they are only good for 6 months until u marry in the UK and apply for the 2 yr spousal visa.
Oh ok cool then (no worries)...try to organise the documents and lodge in an appeal. All will be well...am sure it willl be once that custoday issue is documented as they requested.....Good luck...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will. So far I have left him a message at his workplace which he can answer me back from quickly because he sits at a desk lol. I have a feeling I may have to just make a surprise visit which I didnt want to do as its 2 hrs away but if it has to be done then it has to be done.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I will. So far I have left him a message at his workplace which he can answer me back from quickly because he sits at a desk lol. I have a feeling I may have to just make a surprise visit which I didnt want to do as its 2 hrs away but if it has to be done then it has to be done.
Good. I like the fact that you are positive. It helps! Fingers crossed..:focus:

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
It will first be reviewed by Entry Clearance Manager (ECM) at UKBA NY so shouldn't take long - maybe a few weeks?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok they sent a paper packet appeal, but it says you can do it online to make it faster? If I do it online do I still send out this paper packet because it has a UK address that I send it to

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got ahold of him lol I called his workplace and he answered. I am going to be going to meet with him Wednesday morning . He's more than happy to sign permission over to me. Didnt ask 1 question

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
Am glad to hear that Daughter's dad is being very cooperative in all of this. I'm sure that he realizes the opportunities that this will offer for Daughter... a chance to experience life in the UK and to see a good deal of the Continent (once your FLM(M) is approved). Sure, he'll miss Daughter, but it's not like she won't be able to go home to him or he can't come to the UK to see her, plus with Skype, communication is going to be a breeze!

It's also good to see that he wants to see that you are happy as well and not giving you any hassle by questioning why he has to do what you've asked him.

Yay for you, Yay for him and definitely YAY for the appeals process!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I dont really worry abt him missing her because he has never made 1 attempt to see her since she's been born. So when it comes down to it, he had no problem agreeing to sign papers. Hopefully rhe appeal process will go smoothly as I am sending the document requested pertaining to custody. Keep ur fingers crossed for us!! :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the woman on the phone had mentioned a court document but on the letter they sent it just says "signed consent showing sole custody"

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And also on the letter it shows a brief statement of what the entry clearance officer said to me on the phone when she called, it mention court document nowhere even though she said it on the phone. It also states the she believes I did not send the custody letter in because she believes I have never had sole custody of my daughter. Thats an assumption that shld never have been made because I am the only one who has taken care of her since birth. I think they just word things in a manner that can b a little rude

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.