Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received email from GSM Allocated with Red "Unofficial" word at Start and End

Hi,

My 190 Visa file is in process and I was asked to submit police verification and health assessment documents. I had replied on that email with my query.
Today I received response from them but with Unofficial word (in red color) written before and after email body. I am confused what that means and why they need to mention that response is unofficial?

Any ideas.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,683 Posts
Hi,

My 190 Visa file is in process and I was asked to submit police verification and health assessment documents. I had replied on that email with my query.
Today I received response from them but with Unofficial word (in red color) written before and after email body. I am confused what that means and why they need to mention that response is unofficial?

Any ideas.

Thanks.
It's just a standard inclusion on Australian Government emails. It reflects the security classification of the email and nothing more - so it is really only of relevance to DIBP and doesn't make any difference to you.

There are several levels of security classifications for Australian Government emails - Unofficial is the lowest, and is used (sometimes along with Unclassified) where messages are sent publicly over the internet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi,

Any ideas.

Thanks.

What response was sent in that email?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts