Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have recieved VIC SS However, My ACS skills assesment (2231-79) has expired.
In previous ACS, The postal address was different, it was consultant's address , but now I want to recieve the new one to my address. Iam thinking that the Newly filled form would be the latest for any point of communication. In the old ACS, I used a consultant for help, But now I want to start all the process myself afresh.

Should I send altogether a new application to ACS or Should I mention my old ACS assessment reference number with it, Any advantage towards faster process, because already assessment is made ? I want to assess for similar skill set (.Net Technologies).

:)

Should I still select MODL in the ACS form? Because there is no CSL select on the new form as well.(As I read somewhere in the blog that ACS should mention about skills in CSL). Should ACS has to write about CSL in assessment letter or it is concerned when an application is made for visa for priority processing for the visa application made after 8 february 2010? (because ACS just write in assessment letter about applicant's 12 months experience in the specialized skills like .net or java,etc)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Have you spoken to ACS or the DIAC that you got late because you were short of points and the ss took a long time because of which your Assessment has expired. speak to them and see what they have to say. I read somewhere (can not recall where) they do give you an extension in few cases.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you spoken to ACS or the DIAC that you got late because you were short of points and the ss took a long time because of which your Assessment has expired. speak to them and see what they have to say. I read somewhere (can not recall where) they do give you an extension in few cases.
Thanks Anj,
I have not asked ACS or DIAC, but now I will ask them and keep update.

I had applied to VIC SS with IELTS (L-6.5, R-6.0, W-5.5, S-7.0) in which one compoent was 5.5. As VIC allows concessional english, so I asked VIC SS about whether this IELTS report will do for VIC SS in case I opt for consessional English. But they told to ask DIAC.

I can claim 100 points (With VIC SS) and without considering IELTS points. Is it considered? Iam not sure as of now as to whether IELTS 6.0 in all component is still required for 176 (VIC SS) application when lodged with DIAC?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
I was going thru the website browsing here and there. Thought to ask here, Can you provide DIAC contact number for GSM prelodgement enquiry, if you know one?

Thanks
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts