Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been offered a 2 year assignement in Dubai (I work for a large Multinational).

The offer is as follows:

35 000 AED monthly salary (base take home pay)

25% Variable pay paid every quarter based on contribution/Management discretion

225 000 AED Housing allowance (yearly)
1 R/T Trip Home for employee and family per year (economy)
49000 AED Car allowance (yearly)
Lum Sum of 48000 aed towards purchase of appliances and furniture
Health Insurance for employee and family (company pays 90%)
Blackberry with Voice and 3G Data plan (inc Intl calls).
Contribution towards Tuition of up to 20K AED per kid.

The French Lycée in Dubai charges 25K AED per student per year, so I'd have 10K out of pocket since we have 2 kids (high school and elementary school).

I currently enjoy a fairly high standard of living in France, I want to make sure that the above mentioned offer will translate to a comfortable standard of living in the UAE, and the ability to keep on growing our savings.

Thanks in advance for your feedback/insights.

Also Wondering what people typically pay for line items such as:

Groceries
Housekeeping (is it comon to have maids ?)
Petrol
Utilities, including Sat TV, Broadband, etc.
Kids activities (Sports, etc)
Entertainment (Restaurants, etc).

ps:

My Kids favorite sport is horseback riding, and this is quite afordable in our area outside Paris, I don't think it's really practical in Duabai, just with the weather. Or is it ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@andy, not quite, but this shows that most large Multi Nationals provide similar type benefits.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi All,

I have been offered a 2 year assignement in Dubai (I work for a large Multinational).

The offer is as follows:

35 000 AED monthly salary (base take home pay)

25% Variable pay paid every quarter based on contribution/Management discretion

225 000 AED Housing allowance (yearly)
1 R/T Trip Home for employee and family per year (economy)
49000 AED Car allowance (yearly)
Lum Sum of 48000 aed towards purchase of appliances and furniture
Health Insurance for employee and family (company pays 90%)
Blackberry with Voice and 3G Data plan (inc Intl calls).
Contribution towards Tuition of up to 20K AED per kid.

The French Lycée in Dubai charges 25K AED per student per year, so I'd have 10K out of pocket since we have 2 kids (high school and elementary school).

I currently enjoy a fairly high standard of living in France, I want to make sure that the above mentioned offer will translate to a comfortable standard of living in the UAE, and the ability to keep on growing our savings.

Thanks in advance for your feedback/insights.

Also Wondering what people typically pay for line items such as:

Groceries
Housekeeping (is it comon to have maids ?)
Petrol
Utilities, including Sat TV, Broadband, etc.
Kids activities (Sports, etc)
Entertainment (Restaurants, etc).

ps:

My Kids favorite sport is horseback riding, and this is quite afordable in our area outside Paris, I don't think it's really practical in Duabai, just with the weather. Or is it ?
I asked a similar question regarding package and moving my family to Dubai back in January. I am not sure how to post a link to this thread, however if you do a search with key words" help with decision" and user name pmac34 it should find it. My package is not as good as yours sounds and I believe that I will be comfortable, however, you can judge for yourself from the responses I received and I am sure that you will receive more.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
That's a pretty good package so you'll be just fine. :)

There are a couple of riding schools in Dubai and I know several people who either have horses or ride regularly. It's a bit hot in the summer, but just go very early in the morning.

Groceries are not dissimilar to Paris prices, some things more expensive, some cheaper. Obviously imported items are pricier. We have Carrefour & Geant supermarkets as well as lots of others.

Utilities will vary depending on whether you have an apartment or a villa. A villa, especially if you have a big garden or a pool will cost more. A 3 bed apartment allow AED 350pm, for a 3/4 bed villa, between AED 600 & 1,200 pm.

Petrol is very cheap. It costs me approx AED 60 to fill up my RAV4.

Many people have maids, but not everyone. Some employ agencies cleaners once or twice a week. Read through the sticky thread about 'things you need to know' for more info on this & lots of other issues.

Bon chance :)

-

·
Banned
598 Posts
I guess money goes a long way in france?

You should be fine here. I would try to get more school tuition.
My daughter goes to Jebel Ali country club for horse riding lessons weekly and its only 900aed a month. Its next to ibn batuta mall. There is another club in arabian ranches but I like the jacc better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.