Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

There are a number of housing guides/real estate sights on the web for Abu Dhabi. Which do you recommend and not recommend?

Also, just general guidance please. Anticipated price ranges for rent of standalone (single family) housing, 4 br, good neighborhood for children+dog, 30 minute or so commute to Mussaffah area? I just need to a general cost number to compare against the salary offer.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
abudhabi.dubizzle.com should be the most comprehensive. But remember that a lot of pictures are stock photos from the general locality.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you really need the dog? It would help you in finding a place, as in more variety to choose from. Also people in general here have issues with keeping dogs at home unless they are purely outside dogs due to religious and partially cultural reasons. I know in America purely outside dogs are rare since everyone likes to have them in-doors with them, and I have heard of mixed reviews of living with dogs here in the UAE in general with expats.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Do you really need the dog? It would help you in finding a place, as in more variety to choose from. Also people in general here have issues with keeping dogs at home unless they are purely outside dogs due to religious and partially cultural reasons. I know in America purely outside dogs are rare since everyone likes to have them in-doors with them, and I have heard of mixed reviews of living with dogs here in the UAE in general with expats.
Nonsense! What a question to ask 'do you actually need the dog?' Do you actually live in the UAE? There are places that won't allow pets of any type but, equally, there are many that do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts