Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and my girlfriend both experienced estate agents in Central London are considering moving to Aus.

Are there many jobs in this industry and is there a need for additional experienced overseas estate agents? would a company be open to sponsoring people within this industry.

Manyt thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
There is a certification in some states, like NSW. Which is cheap, fast (can be done online) and not a brainer. It is basically and ethics module.
Like any job you can earn heaps or average. Usually sales agents earn a LOT, property managers can look at $80 -90 K-ish. In general the rental market is very tight, so the tenants are not "difficult" as they are afraid to lose the rental. Looking for place to rent is a headache, there is way less properties than people due to immigration and etc. Vacancy rates in Sydney are around 3% only, compared to London that is fantastic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thank for the reply, much appreciated!

Wow 3% that is good. Interesting comments/feedback, I'll take everything on board and keep researching.

Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Myself and my girlfriend both experienced estate agents in Central London are considering moving to Aus.

Are there many jobs in this industry and is there a need for additional experienced overseas estate agents? would a company be open to sponsoring people within this industry.

Manyt thanks
Sponsorship in this field is pretty unlikely since there are so many local candidates to choose from. Real estate agents are on the CSOL which means that you require either state sponsorship or employer sponsorship to qualify for a permanent resident visa (you can't apply independently). To my knowledge, none of the states are sponsoring real estate agents at the moment. WA was for awhile but they seem to have taken them off the list.

My understanding is that the real estate agents who deal with rentals are pretty miserable. They spend a lot of time running from property to property showing rentals in 15-minute windows. All of the ones I've met have seemed really unhappy with their lives. I think the big money is in sales but those agents seem a lot more experienced and knowledgeable about the local market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts