Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
It sounds like I have been offered a similar job to Ady86. I was asked to start working on a visit visa and will be paid solely by commission which is 50-50 at 2% of each property.

Is it possible to get by financially on this and if so how long would you advise to account for before I have substantial income?
First of all:

It is illegal to work here on a visit visa.
Can an expat work in UAE on a tourist visa? | The National
Employing Illegal Workers: The Implications And Pitfalls - Al Tamimi & Company

You need to do some proper research. There is plenty of information online.

Do a search on this forum and you'll get an idea.

Here are some more articles to read and have a good think about it.

Former employee left homeless after S&K collapse in Dubai | The National
Dubai still has too many real estate agents, says RERA CEO - Property - ArabianBusiness.com

·
Registered
753 Posts
I think where there might be a valid case for accepting an estate agent or other commission based job is for an accompanying spouse (partner with a fixed income) - as a single person moving to UAE it's very risky because of the way everything works here. If you have enough money in the bank to sustain yourself for 3-6 months to give it a go, maybe.. I wouldn't do it.

Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Kas,
Did you ever go to Dubai?
I own a real estate company in the UK and have been given the task to look at setting up a branch in Dubai. Would love to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.

I have been offered a job in Dubai as a real estate property consultant. The offer is 50% commission only. The potential earnings are £50,000 - £100,000 per annum.

I just wanted to know what the property market is like in Dubai at the moment and how realistic is the potential earnings.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

regards
Kas
Kas I'm on the same boat as you 4 years later, how are you getting on? would love to hear from you

·
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,822 Posts
Kas I'm on the same boat as you 4 years later, how are you getting on? would love to hear from you
Hi,
The last time that Kas logged onto this site was January 2013 - probably tells you everything that you need to know!
Cheers
Steve

81 - 89 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.