Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Having just bought a house in the Malaga/Rincon de la Victoria area we are coming over for Christmas and very excited. Does anyone know how easy or not it is to get hold of real christmas trees from Christmas markets and suchlike?

I just want to get an idea of whether it's something I'll be able to pop out and get locally or if it'll require lots of treking around away from the city.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
If by real christmas trees, you mean living trees or were once living - I don't think I have seen any in Spain. The Spanish tend to go in less for decoration at Christmas, - their main event being Reyes and if they do decorate they tend to go in more for the more environmentally friendly and economical artificial trees.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
There is a garden centre near you called A1 and they sell real trees...

·
Registered
136 Posts
By the Carrefour at Rincon de la Victoria they had a large room with all types of Christmas decorations. Didn't go in so no idea whether they had real tree's or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies!! Thrax, do you happen to have an address/website for this garden centre? I did a quick search and couldn't find it.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
It's on the coast road N340 from Rincon heading towards Torre del Mar and it will be on the left...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts