Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Am unable to find the related discussions.Can someone point me to the thread/discussion regarding impact on EOI/PR visa processing when you are expecting a child in next few months.

Regards,
rajesh

·
Registered
78 Posts
Why not wait and include the child on the application?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Software engineer with 60 points. Waiting for clarity on this issue to raise EOI
In that occupation with 60 points, you will most probably not get an invite in the coming few months. Even after the invite, you have 60 days to lodge the visa, and after lodging, assume around 40 to 60 days for CO allocation. You would have enough time to get the baby's passport, etc. in place.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Not the child yet. Just spouse. Later - if the child is born before lodging the visa, then mention the child during the application process. If born after the visa has been lodged, then use the option to add a new dependent child into your visa application.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not the child yet. Just spouse. Later - if the child is born before lodging the visa, then mention the child during the application process. If born after the visa has been lodged, then use the option to add a new dependent child into your visa application.
Agree with Keeda.

If you get the invite after the child is born then u can add the child in the visa application along with a change in circumstances form(1022).

If the child is born after application you need to fill the form for change in circumstances and the form for adding dependents (1436) along with the docs of the child. In both cases you need to do the Medical checkup for the child as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,
Just in need of a clarification. Due to circumstances am bound to apply visa for just me.I had already initiated EOI with a mention of visa for 1 family member in EOI.when I receive Invite can I apply for just me or should I cancel existing EOI and apply a new EOI specifically mentioning Family member count for visa is nil.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi,
Just in need of a clarification. Due to circumstances am bound to apply visa for just me.I had already initiated EOI with a mention of visa for 1 family member in EOI.when I receive Invite can I apply for just me or should I cancel existing EOI and apply a new EOI specifically mentioning Family member count for visa is nil.
No need to cancel this EOI. Go ahead with the visa application and you will be again asked with the same question as you were in the EOI- additional family members, dependents, etc. Mention wife as non-migrating dependent this time and make sure that at the end of the 17 steps, the calculation covers fees just for you. Wife's medicals still will be required though (as she is a dependent). I am not sure about whether a "change of circumstances" form is also to be provided in this case (change of circumstances between EOI and visa application).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts