Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
re: Visa-less visa status

What is this - I saw it mentioned on a thread.

My husband and I will not have an address, we plan on traveling around France for a couple years perhaps, and we were wondering if we could just go to England, Belgium, Italy, etc. for the weekend and start the 90 days again, or would we have to return to the US?

Karen

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
What is this - I saw it mentioned on a thread.

My husband and I will not have an address, we plan on traveling around France for a couple years perhaps, and we were wondering if we could just go to England, Belgium, Italy, etc. for the weekend and start the 90 days again, or would we have to return to the US?
As US citizens, you are subject to Schengen rule, which states you can travel throughout Schengen area (pretty much the whole of continental Europe except some countries in Eastern Europe; UK and Ireland aren't in it) for 90-in-180 days. So once you have stayed 90 days in Schegen, you have to leave the area and stay away for 90 days before re-entering - you cannot 'reset the clock' just by stepping outside for a few days. If you want to stay in Europe longer, you can switch in and out of Schengen every 90 days, or get a long-stay visa for one of the Schengen countries and use it as a base to tour around - you are allowed 90-in-180 days in other Schengen countries during visa's validity. Long-stay visa must be applied for in advance in the US.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.