Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I just want to share and hopefully get your opinion on my situation. I was told by DIBP's new Case Officer to under go a new round of medical exams. However, I already submitted a signed undertaking which the DIBP asked me to sign last October 2017, that technically requires me to undergo the same medical test when I arrive in Australia weeks upon landing. I'm sort of at a loss here since DIBP was the one that required me to sign an undertaking and now, they are also the ones asking to do the same locally, in my country.

May I know what steps I can take from here, since this new Case Officer somehow, in my kind opinion, "overlooked" the undertaking that I signed last year, as required by the DIBP.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
5,683 Posts
Hello,

I just want to share and hopefully get your opinion on my situation. I was told by DIBP's new Case Officer to under go a new round of medical exams. However, I already submitted a signed undertaking which the DIBP asked me to sign last October 2017, that technically requires me to undergo the same medical test when I arrive in Australia weeks upon landing. I'm sort of at a loss here since DIBP was the one that required me to sign an undertaking and now, they are also the ones asking to do the same locally, in my country.

May I know what steps I can take from here, since this new Case Officer somehow, in my kind opinion, "overlooked" the undertaking that I signed last year, as required by the DIBP.

Thank you.
They didn't overlook it. When a health undertaking is required the validity of your medical for visa purposes is only 6 months, so you'll need to get it done again before the Case Officer can grant the visa.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I took another medical exam last april 11 and Home Affairs has not gotten back to me since then.

Not even the sputum test you mentioned.
Thanks for the information. I am also getting medicals done for the second time, even after signing undertaking.

Regards,
GlowingSun

·
Registered
78 Posts
I took another medical exam last april 11 and Home Affairs has not gotten back to me since then.

Not even the sputum test you mentioned.
If your 2nd medical exam was April, when was the first one? According to my agent, its better to get medical done once CO requested it due to the timeline with the visa application lately that it taking a little longer compared before.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

The original request Medical Exams were done on April 2017.

Regards.

If your 2nd medical exam was April, when was the first one? According to my agent, its better to get medical done once CO requested it due to the timeline with the visa application lately that it taking a little longer compared before.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi,

The original request Medical Exams were done on April 2017.

Regards.
u got grant already? or still waiting?
may i know what visa you are applying?

I read from the website of homeaffairs. for visa 489 invited pathway they recommend to have medical first before lodging for visa.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav.../supporting/Pages/489/health-requirement.aspx

so my understanding there will be no possibility that they will as for medical again as they advise to do medical one invitation was received? I dont know if my understanding is correct.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have to go for medical twice and sign 815 twice for my daughter. I have sent last 815 on 19.07.18 as asked by CO on 18.07.18. And then, only waiting

Any clue when I can got CO contact again??

·
Registered
22,506 Posts
I have to go for medical twice and sign 815 twice for my daughter. I have sent last 815 on 19.07.18 as asked by CO on 18.07.18. And then, only waiting

Any clue when I can got CO contact again??
Hopefully you will get a grant

But no one can predict for sure
You have to wait it out

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts