Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I urgently need some advice on how to re-enter the UK on an expired EEA Family Permit.

I am a South African Citizen (and US citizen), and my husband is a South African Citizen (and Irish Citizen). We decided to move to the UK in March 2015, so I obtained a EEA Family permit in my South African passport. Upon arrival, I applied for a Residency card, and am still awaiting the outcome thereof. We have been living and working in the UK for about 2 months now. We recently returned back to South Africa for 10 days, and plan to return to the UK together on Monday 21 June 2015. However, my EEA Family Permit has now expired.

My questions are:

(1) Will I be able to re-enter the UK with my Husband?
(2) And what must I say to passport control to ensure this runs smoothly?

We have my husbands Irish passport, a copy of our marriage certificate, and copy of my certificate of application for the residency card. I also hold a valid US passport.

Thanks so much

Sally

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
You ask for code 1A stamp.
Include in your document evidence of employment like payslip and of accommodation like lease.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Joppa

Just to give you an update. I have successfully entered the UK. Upon arrival I explained my situation and requested to enter under a code 1A stamp. The lady was not aware of what I was talking about. After a lot of explaining and questioning, she agreed to stamp my passport with the "EEA dependent" stamp, which is essentially the A1 Stamp. However, she only gave me 2 months on the stamp (as opposed to the 6 months I read about), to allow me time to get my residency card application "fast tracked". She also told me not to try and leave the UK again, until my residency card was sorted out.

Question 1: Is it possible to fast track my residency card (EEA2) application? The lady at passport control said that I could go to the Home Office and pay a fee and get my application fast tracked... is this true?

Question 2: I am supposed to travel to Ireland in 2 weeks time for a friends wedding. Would you advise me not to go (after the lady at passport control advised me not to), or is it possible to get another A1 stamp? Too risky?

Thanks again

Sally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.