Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Guys, i really needs input from you.

I had granted visa long back in 2013 and i made my first entry. then after i didn't go to Australia.

recently i got married and now want to apply for spouse visa but it would take at least 15+months. and my last entry date is in Aug 2018. so i have to make entry before aug 18 but without my wife i can't go. :(

for RRV i am not fulfilling the condition to remain in australia for 2years out of 5years.

I am not sure what should i do now :( But thinking to apply for PR again rather then applying for spouse visa only.

Experience guys pls give input for this situation.

·
Registered
23,913 Posts
Hello,

Guys, i really needs input from you.

I had granted visa long back in 2013 and i made my first entry. then after i didn't go to Australia.

recently i got married and now want to apply for spouse visa but it would take at least 15+months. and my last entry date is in Aug 2018. so i have to make entry before aug 18 but without my wife i can't go. :(

for RRV i am not fulfilling the condition to remain in australia for 2years out of 5years.

I am not sure what should i do now :( But thinking to apply for PR again rather then applying for spouse visa only.

Experience guys pls give input for this situation.
You have answered all your questions

There is no other way but to apply for A fresh PR if you want to go to Australia with your wife only

Please recheck if you are legally allowed to do it while this PR is still valid

Cheers

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Your wife could apply for her spouse visa, and then apply for a visitor visa to accompany you to Australia. It seems the simpler way vs. trying to start over on a fresh PR visa for you both.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay. But for how many years of visa my wife would get?

and what about my RRV?

I do have real sister there, can i get RRV using personal ties condition?

·
Registered
23,913 Posts
Your wife could apply for her spouse visa, and then apply for a visitor visa to accompany you to Australia. It seems the simpler way vs. trying to start over on a fresh PR visa for you both.
Even if she goes on a visitor visa , will the original applicant be able to leave Australia till he spends 2 years and be eligible to get an RRV in case he need to travel out of Australia for personal or work reasons?

Cheers

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even if she goes on a visitor visa , will the original applicant be able to leave Australia till he spends 2 years and be eligible to get an RRV in case he need to travel out of Australia for personal or work reasons?

Cheers
I am sorry, i didn't get you.

·
Registered
23,913 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts

Cheers
If he can demonstrate he has settled in Australia (has a home/apartment, has a job, etc.) then he should be able to get a short RRV such as the 3-month one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts