Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am curious to know that what is the rate of Tax on the income earned in Australia...For example if one,s weekly salary is 1200 AUD then how much will be the tax over it...Also i read somewhere that all the tax which one pays in whole year, normally refunded to the concerned individuals at the end of year...Is it True...?

I would appreciate if some senior could respond to this query.

Regards,

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Hello, I am curious to know that what is the rate of Tax on the income earned in Australia...For example if one,s weekly salary is 1200 AUD then how much will be the tax over it...Also i read somewhere that all the tax which one pays in whole year, normally refunded to the concerned individuals at the end of year...Is it True...? I would appreciate if some senior could respond to this query. Regards,
Your tax rate depends on your income and can vary. To see what your net income would be, have a look at paycalculator.com.au.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your tax rate depends on your income and can vary. To see what your net income would be, have a look at paycalculator.com.au.
Thanks Ozbound...The website states everything...

But what about the reimbursement concept...Is it true that at the end of year, one gets his whole paid tax as reimbursed one...?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks Ozbound...The website states everything...

But what about the reimbursement concept...Is it true that at the end of year, one gets his whole paid tax as reimbursed one...?
its not a reimbursement concept..its tax refund thing..

at the end of each fiscal year, there is a process of evaluating your income and expenses and your paid taxes according to your number of family members etc....it is done by government and then they will see how much you have to pay and how much you paid..
if you paid more than expected they will refund you that difference and if you paid less than expected then you have to pay the remaining amount...and if you paid exactly as expected then no change...

Example: You paid 1000 AUD in a year as taxes..and after tax refund evaluation they came to know you are bound to pay 900 AUD then they will refund you 100 AUD.

hope it helps..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Coolkhu,

Just got a good clarity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts