Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Urrggghhhhh, my ABS lights were on, and cut a long story short the garage found rats had eaten the cables - gross. Anyway €240 later all fixed. :mad:

1 month on and the little gits have done it again, only this time I have found evidence of probably 1 having been under my front seat (more GRRRRRRRRRRRR!) :mad:

I have stripped the interior and cleaned and cleaned but anyone have tips on how to keep them out my engine?

I have moved the rubbish bins that were nearby (not accessible anyway), thoroughly cleaned the interior, but I don't think this is enough.

I do live in the campo and fully appreciate we are probably never far from one but I wish they would leave my car alone!!! I have managed to rat proof most other things such as my shed but this is taking the wotsit!! I have heard of putting dog hair in the area where they are nesting.....

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we have a great ratter in one of my dogs - problem is they are in a compartment of the car that is quite difficult to reach......she tried flushing earlier but though she was going made for them she couldn't get to them (if they were even in there of course)

Car is going into the garage in a fortnight so hopefully they can clean it all out and we'll go from there

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
There is an electronic device you can buy which you put under the bonnet and I am told it is 100% effective in keeping rats away. It is plugged into the mains so you mustn't forget it is there when you drive away. Only problem is I can't recall what it is called. Maybe someone else will have heard of it. Where is Yossa when you need him???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts