Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background: I'm western, but been living in China for several years now. To be honest, I'm tired of all the limitations and long to go back to the west.
Frankly I do not feel like back to my own country. Crime and all that.

Been brainstorming for months now, and got to be honest with myself that each time the shortlist of possibilities comes down to Australia.

For what it matter, I'm an IT professional (software developer with 8 years experience)

Been worried initially about Visa issues, but then....If I can "make" it in China for so long, I believe I can make it anywhere (perhaps not North Korea.lol)

So just testing the waters so to speak, and ask for some random thoughts, critic, advice on that.

Why Australia:
1) Speak understandable English
2) Similar culture than my own
3) From the many many expats I met in years here, it's the Aussies that I became friends with. Just got along with them so easily, unlike the Russians, Americans, Brits, etc
3) Seemingly stable (taken international standards) - economics, crime rates, etc
4) The weather....a big thing for a guy like me that just want to die in the snow here.
5) They can play a bit of rugby, though not as good as us ;-)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi zhu

welcome to the forum
have a look at the sticky threads, ther eis heaps of info in there.

wish you luck with your plans.

cheers
anj

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi zhu

welcome to the forum
have a look at the sticky threads, ther eis heaps of info in there.

wish you luck with your plans.

cheers
anj
I eat humble pie for being over excited finding your forum and not looking around first before asking! Thanks a lot...I'm off to the sticky stuff. :p

·
Registered
315 Posts
I won't exactly compare China with New York (if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere...) but rugby is good enough reason to emigrate :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts