Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok is it for sure that Ramadan will end on the 20th?
And if it does end on the 20th (tomorrow) will it end am or pm?
Sorry first Ramadan so I get an exscuse to ask silly questions. I searched and couldnt find the answer so I made the post.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Abu Dhabi: The UAE moon-sighting committee will meet on Saturday, September 19, to examine the data collected by moon-sighting experts to announce the first day of Shawwal. Chaired by Dr Hadef Jua'an Al Daheri, Minister of Justice, the panel wil...l examine at the Judiciary Department Abu Dhabi, the findings of crescent monitoring for the month of Shawwal to declare the first day of Eid Al Fitr

From Gulf News

If it is agreed that the moon will be sighted tonight then the month of Shawwal has started and Ramadan is over. Eid can start as the Islamic "day" starts at sunset and not at midnight as in west.

·
Banned
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I read that stuff too, but it never really comes out and says Ramadan will end this day.
But from Gulf News does that mean if the moon is sighted tonight, then tomorrow Sunday we can eat and drink or whatever we want all day?

·
Registered
961 Posts
You got the picture MrBig ,

Generally as we are now so close, it will start as of tomorrow or Monday as the sighting will either be tonight or tomorrow night - enshalla !!!! yehaaaaa, parte!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Dear Mr Big,
Yes If the committee declares moon sighting then tomorrow is Eid . So it means Ramadan Ends and the restriction on eating / drinking will automatically ceased.

Otherwise you have to wait one more day as tomorrow the committee will not sit and day after tomorrow shall Eid.

Yeah I read that stuff too, but it never really comes out and says Ramadan will end this day.
But from Gulf News does that mean if the moon is sighted tonight, then tomorrow Sunday we can eat and drink or whatever we want all day?

·
Banned
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much guys and gals

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.