Wonder how it's been in your region of Sunny Portugal!!:heh:

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Hi all,
here in Marinha Grande we have had soooooo much rain lately I'm
thinking of buying a boat!
Wonder how it's been in your region of Sunny Portugal!!:heh:
Tipping it down outside right now. Well maybe it will ease the water concerns next year. And maybe just maybe water bills will not rise

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Price rises for utilities....

Tipping it down outside right now. Well maybe it will ease the water concerns next year. And maybe just maybe water bills will not rise
According to the News last night Electricity prices are set to rise by
an average of around 3% (depending on which area you live).
Water and Gas are to remain static for the beginning part of the year
(their choice of phrase,not mine).
Happy Days!:)

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
According to the News last night Electricity prices are set to rise by
an average of around 3% (depending on which area you live).
Water and Gas are to remain static for the beginning part of the year
(their choice of phrase,not mine).
Happy Days!:)
Makes me wonder if they also have a "special" price ofr expats. Our water bill is now coming in my husbands name Gerald V L British Citizen!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
It's exactly the same here in Tavira, and we have plenty of wind too. Boxing day was beautiful but other than that it feels like it has been raining for weeks - it's a tad depressing!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It would indeed,in Marinha today we have blue/grey sky,windy with sunny intervals,so a slight improvement on the recent monsoon rains.

Silverwizard.

·
Banned
533 Posts
Be ready for a really cold and wet winter, wet spring until mid May, a really hot June, They expect a mild July and August and normal September and October. Those are the predictions, in the farmer’s calendar, for 2010.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Be ready for a really cold and wet winter, wet spring until mid May, a really hot June, They expect a mild July and August and normal September and October. Those are the predictions, in the farmer’s calendar, for 2010.
Hi John,call me cynical if you like,but I think the forecasters struggle to work out what's going to happen tomorrow let alone many months ahead.....:rolleyes:

Silverwizard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rain !!!! Please. We have had Snow since Xmas eve, then ice, then snow until 10" on my roof.
Today it started to thaw only to be told -6 to -8 tonight. Rain, stop it and get some wellys.
:cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts

Yes but in what country?:(:(:(

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Poor old Blighty goes from bad to worse !
It seems you don't need to live in the north these days to experience a lot of snow.
Basingstoke snowed in !!!
My old home of Cambridge has had a fair old battering too !
Yep! I'm originally from Surrey,spoke to my dear old Mum yesterday & she told me she had about 7 or 8" of snow in the garden & even the postman was struggling to get around.Methinks we are better off over here!!:clap2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts