Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Radiofrequency nerve ablation for the knee and hip in Bangkok?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  HondaGuy 
#1 ·
I have osteoarthritis in both my knee and hip. I am told I need knee and hip replacements. However, I do not have the circumstances for recovery, therefore I need an alternative. There is a procedure called Radiofrequency nerve ablation in which the nerves that transmit the pain are temporarily severed or deadened so the joint will still function without the pain. The nerve usually reconnects within 6 months to 1 year +. I had this procedure done twice here in the Philippines on my cervical spine, but there is no procedure for the hip or knee done in the Philippines. I am told that Thailand has a very professionally advanced medical service so I hope someone in this forum can tell me if the procedure is available in Bangkok? I am an American but have been an expat for 10 years and have no intention of returning to the US. Thanks ahead for your assistance in this important matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.