Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is the maximum speed limit on Sh.Zayed, Al Khail and Emirates road without being flashed by radards?
I experimented couple of times and exceeded 20 km/h the allowed speed and there was no flash. Do you work at all?
P.S. My fast driving is not dangerous, so please don't attack me for that.

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sure, the speed limit is 120km/h unless noted otherwise.
driving faster is dangerous.
thanks, I can read the sign, I know the announced speed limit, I am talking about radards.

i have to rush as otherwise it takes me 1 hour to work and 1 hour from work and i have no time left for my little daughter, so risk is excused, but as mentioned i don't cause danger on the road by taking the left lane where all cars are driving more or less 140 km/h

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Only yesterday you were saying how important it is to respect the rules of the country you live in, but now you think it's OK to break the speed limit which is essentially breaking a law?

-

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only yesterday you were saying how important it is to respect the rules of the country you live in, but now you think it's OK to break the speed limit which is essentially breaking a law?

-
of course, it has nothing to do with respect if I am among the cars that drive fast I have to follow the speed otherwise it will be dangerous, don't you think? try to drive 120 km/h on the left lane of Emirates road and see how many flashes will blink behind your back

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
of course, it has nothing to do with respect if I am among the cars that drive fast I have to follow the speed otherwise it will be dangerous, don't you think? try to drive 120 km/h on the left lane of Emirates road and see how many flashes will blink behind your back
Then don't drive in the left lane. That should be an overtaking lane anyway.

Breaking the law is breaking the law no matter how you try to dress it up or excuse it. You can't have it both ways.

-

·
Registered
25 Posts
as i said "driving faster is dangerous"
you are asking on this forum how to break the law, what do you expect for an answer?
you seem to have no idea about driving safely, along with all the other people driving at excessive speeds in the left hand lane. you are, or have become, the type of person that most sensible driving people hate. there is no excuse to take a risk with your own (and others) lives.
why do you assume that because you are in the left lane that it is safe to drive faster than the speed limit?
i assume your "little daughter" would not cope too well with you in hospital? (if you were that lucky)
your journey is 1 hour, how much time or distance of that is on 120km/h roads, we can work out how much time you really save by driving at different speeds.
remember "better to be 5 minutes late in this world, that 5 minutes early in the next"

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as i said "driving faster is dangerous"
you are asking on this forum how to break the law, what do you expect for an answer?
you seem to have no idea about driving safely, along with all the other people driving at excessive speeds in the left hand lane. you are, or have become, the type of person that most sensible driving people hate. there is no excuse to take a risk with your own (and others) lives.
why do you assume that because you are in the left lane that it is safe to drive faster than the speed limit?
i assume your "little daughter" would not cope too well with you in hospital? (if you were that lucky)
your journey is 1 hour, how much time or distance of that is on 120km/h roads, we can work out how much time you really save by driving at different speeds.
remember "better to be 5 minutes late in this world, that 5 minutes early in the next"
you are slightly mistaken, most of my way is high speed roads as I live in Discovery Gardens and work in Dubai Silicon Oasis, above that most of the way I take is almost car free, there is no traffic

Elphaba, us, human beings will never agree to one meaning of one word. When I spoke about respect I meant linking religion to way of driving (ie Jynxgirl - is bad driving a muslim thing), however nothing to do with the speed limit
Do you know that as per scientific research one can control the car only up to the speed of 40 km/h, so whether you drive 80 or 120 if there is a donkey on the road and you are unlucky to be nearby, sorry about that

·
Registered
459 Posts
They give you 20 km/h grace above the posted 120km/h limit. My cruise control is normally set to 19 km/h over the posted limit, and I haven't had a ticket yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
how about mods close this thread?
there could be legal problems if anyone does actually give advice on how to drive at excessive speeds without being caught.

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They give you 20 km/h grace above the posted 120km/h limit. My cruise control is normally set to 19 km/h over the posted limit, and I haven't had a ticket yet.
great, thanks, you answered my question without notations, which I didn't ask for :)

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I could, but I am quite enjoying watching Ella digging herself a hypocritical little hole....

-
me too Elphaba, I am enjoying watching everyone taking this forum so seriousely... as for me I am just having fun, do you think I am going to ask everyone's opinion how to drive in UAE???? by the way, this forum can be closed if some of the statements from here will reach dubai municipality :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
The radars are not designed to go off unless an object moves passed its camera area at 20k/ph above the posted speed limit on all roads.

I have problems sometimes when the limit changes on the same road 80/100/120. This part is confusing for me, and I got a ticket on SZR the other day for this reason.

Posting useful information about how the radars and roads function is alright. I think there is a big difference between dangerous and speeding, as the one poster says, after 40k/ph the amount of control is much less. Is there much difference between 120 and 160 -- on the highway? Not really, especially since to be safe, one must be free of an accident scene on the road so that the drivers behind you don't crash into you from behind. In many cases, it's the drivers that are going too slow, the ones not breaking the law, that get hit from behind. Blame the speeding driver, certainly, but go with the flow and avoid the accident altogether. Avoid danger and learn to use the pedal.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
me too Elphaba, I am enjoying watching everyone taking this forum so seriousely... as for me I am just having fun, do you think I am going to ask everyone's opinion how to drive in UAE???? by the way, this forum can be closed if some of the statements from here will reach dubai municipality :)
I am well aware if the legalities which is why I suggested you are out of order in asking how you may break the law without getting caught. Perhaps I should ban posters who want to act illegally?

-

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am well aware if the legalities which is why I suggested you are out of order in asking how you may break the law without getting caught. Perhaps I should ban posters who want to act illegally?

-
I suggest you close this thread, I am not dumn
P.S. Do you really always follow the speed limit and never exceed one? I don't believe )))

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
I suggest you close this thread, I am not dumn
P.S. Do you really always follow the speed limit and never exceed one? I don't believe )))
There is no reason to close it at this stage.

I have said nothing about how I drive, so you are simply making pointless assumptions now. I suggest you stop making things up.

-

·
Registered
459 Posts
Is there much difference between 120 and 160 -- on the highway?
In terms of "feel" I would say no. But unfortunately stopping distances increase exponentially the higher the speed(ie. ooh look at that camel crossing the road. Will my speed difference mean I hit him, or I miss him.). There is also a marked difference in car manouvering and response between those speeds, especially when considering most vehicles on the roads seem to be top heavy, thick tyred SUVs. Not really a good argument.

I do however agree to a point about going with the flow. :)

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
Strangely enough I usually plod along at 100 or so and watch the antics of all the loonies screaming past me, it's a great form of alternative relief, apart from when a bus is trying to sneak up your exhaust of course, but there's ways to get them off your tail...

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Strangely enough I usually plod along at 100 or so and watch the antics of all the loonies screaming past me, it's a great form of alternative relief, apart from when a bus is trying to sneak up your exhaust of course, but there's ways to get them off your tail...
Andy, you are cool ))))

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.