Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was coming back from Al Ain to Dubai, I noticed radar flashing after I crossed it and was about 100 meters ahead. I don't remember any other car in any of the parallel lanes to me. But my speed was only 130 Km/hr whereas the speed limit is 120 Km/hr. Does the radar flashes a car from the back or front? Also does the flash appears on both sides of the highway or only on the side of speeding car? I was driving in emirate of Abu Dhabi if that helps.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
The flashguns on the Abu Dhabi end of the SZR road near the Raha Mall, were also going off like a new years eve show last week with no cars around as well. All four lanes were flashing at the same time - sounds like a bug in the system.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Today I was coming back from Al Ain to Dubai, I noticed radar flashing after I crossed it and was about 100 meters ahead. I don't remember any other car in any of the parallel lanes to me. But my speed was only 130 Km/hr whereas the speed limit is 120 Km/hr. Does the radar flashes a car from the back or front? Also does the flash appears on both sides of the highway or only on the side of speeding car? I was driving in emirate of Abu Dhabi if that helps.
Dubai-Al Ain speed limit was reduced to 120 KM/hr a long time ago. The radar flashes at 121 KM/hr.

Radars can both flash from front & back.

I believe you got a speeding ticket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts