Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone,

Ive been checking this forum on and off for the last year now, and its been very helpful in answering some of my questions via peoples first hand experiences.

I am currently in the final stage of my US Immediate Relative Visa, and im just putting together the last few things before I contact the US Embassy in London for my interview.

One question that ive never been able to find the answer to, prompting my post, is, how long after your IR visa has been approved do you have before you need to leave the UK?

The only reason I ask is I want everything in place incase you only have a month to fly out after approval

Thank you for your time

C

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Good afternoon everyone,

Ive been checking this forum on and off for the last year now, and its been very helpful in answering some of my questions via peoples first hand experiences.

I am currently in the final stage of my US Immediate Relative Visa, and im just putting together the last few things before I contact the US Embassy in London for my interview.

One question that ive never been able to find the answer to, prompting my post, is, how long after your IR visa has been approved do you have before you need to leave the UK?

The only reason I ask is I want everything in place incase you only have a month to fly out after approval

Thank you for your time

C
the visa is valid for 6 months ... you use it or lose it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts