Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have a new mutuelle santé coverage and I'm looking at a letter stating that we need to send them the originals of our social security statements.

Is that request normal? I assume we would have to do it and we would keep a copy but my preference has always been to retain originals and provide copies; not the other way around.

Thanks

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
My wife and I have a new mutuelle santé coverage and I'm looking at a letter stating that we need to send them the originals of our social security statements.

Is that request normal? I assume we would have to do it and we would keep a copy but my preference has always been to retain originals and provide copies; not the other way around.

Thanks
Can you not take them in? That's what I did - however I joined my Mutuelle via an agency close to where I live.

I suspect though that you would be able to download 'originals' via the ameli website. (It should be just the attestation that they are looking for.)

·
Administrator
50,441 Posts
Agree with EH - I think what they are asking for here is the attestation from the sécu, which can be downloaded through the Améli website (you need to have set up an Améli account, but for that you only need your sécu numbers).

Asking for the attestation document is a very standard request, especially when you join or change mutuelle.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, EverHopeful and Bevdeforges,

We signed up through our banker in the city where we formerly lived, so that's not close by. They asked for an attestation, too, so I don't think that's it. I'll see if they ask again. Maybe the main thing they need is the attestation.

-Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts